Financial assistance to Ukrainians in Poland from The Lutheran World Federation
The international religious society, The Lutheran World Federation, offers Ukrainian refugees financial assistance in four Poland cities.
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) after the outbreak of the full-scale war began to support Ukrainians who were forced to move to Poland. This organization cooperates with UNHCR and other international charitable foundations that provide humanitarian aid to Ukrainians.
LWF's main types of assistance are food and non-food items, financial support, and care of mental health. Financial assistance should help Ukrainians meet their basic needs and adapt to current realities.
Algorithm for getting help
To apply for financial help from LWF, complete the following steps:
1. Choose a city where you can come with your family to apply for assistance. You should come after your application has been approved.
• Gdansk – +48 794 324 029;
• Bielsko-Biała - +48 731 776 735
• Zgezh - +48 691 356 977;
• Bytom - +48 884 720 619.
2. Send an SMS to one of the centers via the phone number indicated above. Be sure to specify:
• Your name and surname;
• Polish telephone number;
• The number of family members who are in Poland and need help;
• The city in which you live;
• Presence of a disabled person in the family.
3. Wait for the SMS message. LWF employees will check your data. After that, you will receive a message with the address, date, and time when you should arrive with your family at the relevant center to complete the application.
4. Visit the center. We emphasize that all family members must appear, including children. Be sure to take your passport, Pesel, and other important documents (for example, a disability certificate).
More about The Lutheran World Federation
The LWF is the world's largest association of Lutheran churches, with headquarters in Geneva. The organization includes 148 churches in 99 countries of the world. The priority of the organization is supporting those in need around the world.
2 minFor refugees
1 minFor refugees
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.