Come back

2 min

10 Nov. 2022


Emergency assistance during the war: useful contacts for Ukrainians

Für Flüchtlinge


Emergency assistance during the war: useful contacts for Ukrainians

Do you need legal advice? Order the "Private lawyer" service online — quickly and professionally
Do you need legal advice? Order the "Private lawyer" service online — quickly and professionally

What to do when your loved one doesn't get in touch?

If you cannot contact a loved one for more than three days, this is a cause for concern. Firstly, you need to write a statement to the police about the disappearance of a person. You can contact us at number 102 or by calling the hotline: 089 420 18 67.

In the application, it is necessary to indicate the most detailed information about the missing person - special signs of appearance, last known place of stay. It is important to remember the last time a loved one contacted you and in what way.

You can also contact the Security Service of Ukraine at +38 (067) 650-83-32; +38 (098) 087-36-01, International Committee of the Red Cross at +41 22 730 3600 (Kyiv).

In addition, the National Information Bureau accepts appeals from citizens about capture, disappearance, deportation or forced transfer of adults and children, forced mobilization in temporarily occupied territories, death.

You can contact:

• 24-hour hotline: 16-48 and +38 (044) 287-81-65;

• through the application form on the website;

• appeals can be sent to Telegram-bot and Viber-bot (nib_uncp_bot).

Pay attention! If it becomes known that the person you are looking for has been deported or captured, do not share this information in public. This will draw special attention to the person and give the person media coverage. This will make return negotiations much more difficult. At the same time, there is a risk of provoking fraudsters who will try to deceive you, demanding money for the supposed return of a loved one.

What to do if the occupiers deported the child?

Firstly, try to gather as much information as possible about the illegally displaced child. So contact one of the following institutions:

• National Information Bureau: 24-hour hotline: 16-48 and +38 (044) 287-81-65 and chatbots in Telegram and Viber; you can also fill out the forms at the following links: and

• Ministry of Reintegration: 15-48;

• Office of the Prosecutor General -;

• Security Service of Ukraine: 0 800 501 482;

• National Police: 102;

• Units of the Juvenile Police -

Action algorithm:

• Collect and report data on the deported child and the circumstances of the deportation: the child's name, date of birth, place of permanent residence, where the child was forcibly moved from and under what circumstances, who accompanied him, last known or current place of stay, special signs of the child; contacts of the child's parents or relatives, as well as the person who reported the deportation.

• Write down all the information you collect as soon as you get it to keep a timeline of events.

If there is a photo of a child, or a photo or video confirmation of deportation, immediately report it to the NIB by e-mail: [email protected] or by filling out the appropriate form on the website.

If you are contacted by persons accompanying the child (parents, relatives), advise them to contact the diplomatic institutions of partner countries or Ukraine (in the case of their work in the territory of the host country), international missions such as the International Organization for Migration (IOM), UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), UNICEF, International Committee of the Red Cross, UNHCR (UN Refugee Agency).

Attention! In our article at the link collects services for searching for those who disappeared during the war.

What to do if you were deported?

If you live on the TOT and are at risk of forced removal, if possible, keep your own documents in paper or electronic form, this will help confirm your identity.

For security, delete all contacts, photos and any information that the occupiers may find provocative from your phone. Remove the SIM card from the phone, but keep it.

Make a note or study the contacts of people close to you.

If possible, do not give interviews or comments to journalists.

How to return to Ukraine if you were illegally deported:

• Report your whereabouts to the competent authorities - the nearest Ukrainian embassy or diplomatic institution of Ukraine abroad to your place of residence.

• If you are unable to contact the competent authorities, try to pass on the information to your relatives or friends, who can report the deportation.

• Use the @helpingtoleave_bot chatbot or individual routes advised by the Ministry of Reintegration.

Report an illegal deportation:

You can contact the same contacts as in the case of deportation of children.

In addition, in connection with the mass forced deportation of Ukrainian citizens to the territory of Russia by the Russian military, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs recommends compatriots who have become victims of such illegal actions of the Russian regime and wish to return to Ukraine to report their data to the nearest embassy of Ukraine in neighboring states or states of possible transit passage You can find out the addresses of the departments in your country of residence by following the link.

Where to find help in Ukraine?

In the territory currently controlled by Ukraine, displaced persons can count on humanitarian aid. In particular, you can contact the following numbers:

• Kyiv – 15-51.

• Kyiv region - (044) 363-07-34.

• Lviv region – (032) 259 60 31.

• Rivne region - (0362) 40-01-00, +38 (098) 505-83-25.

• Ivano-Frankivsk region – +38 (068) 376-77-62, (0342) 55-18-68, +38 (093) 705-85-31.

• Volyn region - +38 (096) 881-80-91.

• Chernivtsi region – 0 800 335 047.

• Transcarpathian region - +38 (096) 284-33-68.

• Cherkasy region - (0472) 36-11-13.

• Zhytomyr region - (067) 499-29-16, (067) 399-62-72.

• Vinnytsia region - 0 800 601 526.

• Poltava region - 0 800 502 230.

• Kirovohrad region – 0 800 500 238.

Other useful contacts for immigrants

• You can find important information and contacts about crossing the Ukrainian border at the link.

• Useful information for internally displaced Ukrainians (refugees on the territory of Ukraine) for finding housing, leaving, and providing psychological assistance services can be found here.

• Information on providing social assistance to war victims -

• Read our article on how to apply for war-damaged property.

We will remind you! On our website - You can find all the necessary information about financial, social and other types of assistance to migrants in Ukraine and abroad. To do this, in the "Useful information" section (you can find it by scrolling down the page), select the "Useful sites and chatbots" section.