Which German states continue to host Ukrainians in November: addresses of camps
Many federal states of Germany are already refusing to accept new refugees due to the limited number of places. As the situation is subject to change, it is important to familiarize yourself with the information on available camps in advance. Find out more about which German states continue to accept Ukrainians in November 2023
Thousands of Ukrainian refugees arrive in Germany every month. Due to the limited number of places, the federal states almost universally refuse to accept new people, so you should study the situation in advance.
Uahelp.wiki, referring to the latest data from volunteers, informs which camps in Germany refugees still have the opportunity to come in November.
Which German states continue to accept Ukrainians: addresses of open camps
If refugees do not have relatives or friends in Germany who can provide them with accommodation, they have to use the initial reception centers. There they are registered as newcomers, provided with temporary housing, and distributed throughout Germany. In this case, the refugee does not have the right to choose a place to settle.
It should be noted that several initial reception camps are already overcrowded and no longer accept new arrivals.
According to the latest data from volunteers, Ukrainian refugees are being accepted in the following regions:
• Tegel (former airport) is the largest initial reception center, from where they are sent to settlements throughout Germany. The territory of the center is closed, but you can get inside by a special bus. If you are arriving by car, you should leave your car in the parking lot outside and use the bus to enter. All contact details, including the center's telephone line, can be found here.
• Bamberg Bamberg Ankerzentrum in Upper Franconia (Erlenweg 4, 96050 Bamberg) - only this camp accepts refugees.
• Zirndorf Ankerzentrum Zirndorf (Rothenburger Straße 29, 90513 Zirndorf) - the camp does not accept refugees;
• Ergolding (Schinderstraßl 19, 84030 Ergolding) - the camp does not accept refugees from Ukraine.
• Gießen (Rödgener Straße 59-61, 35394 Gießen Ankunftshalle) - it is better to arrive before 20:00 on weekdays. At other times, they also accept you, but you may have to wait. If you arrive late and don't have a car, contact the Bahnhofsmission in Frankfurt - they can help with overnight accommodation.
• Bramsche (Im Rehhagen 8, 49565 Bramsche). During the transition period, you can get a free ticket to the camp in Bramsche at the Messe Hannover camp office.
• Hannover Messehalle (Halle 25, Messegelände, 30521 Hannover) - the camp closed on September 14, 2023, and new refugees are being redirected to Bramsche.
• Karlsruhe (Durlacher Allee 100, 76137 Karlsruhe) - does not accept those who come by car (no parking). Pets larger than a cat are not accepted.
• Meßstetten (Geißbühlstraße 51, 72469 Meßstetten) - difficult to reach by public transport, can be reached by car. People with large dogs (weighing more than 35 kg) and dogs of fighting breeds are not accepted.
• Freiburg (Basler Landstraße 16, 79111 Freiburg) - the camp does not accept people who need medical care or special care; accepts people with small animals that must be with their owners at all times, and dogs must be kept on a leash at all times.
• Ulm (Messe Ulm, Böfinger Straße 50, 89073 Ulm) - temporarily does not accept refugees from Ukraine.
• Sindelfingen Sindelfingen Messehalle (Mahdentalstraße 116, 71036 Sindelfingen) - the camp no longer accepts refugees.
• Ellwangen (Georg-Elser-Straße 2, 73479 Ellwangen) - the camp is overcrowded and no longer accepts refugees.
• Sigmaringen Sigmaringen (Binger Straße 28, 72488 Sigmaringen) - the camp no longer accepts refugees.
• Bochum (Gersteinring 50, 44791 Bochum Erstaaufnahmeeinrichtung).
• Meerane (Seiferitzer Schulweg 10, 08393 Meerane Erstaaufnahmeeinrichtung);
• Leipzig Leipzig-Mockau 1 (Am Alten Flughafen 8, 04356 Leipzig) - the camp does not accept Ukrainian refugees;
• Dresden Messe Dresden (Messering 8a, 01067 Dresden) - the city does not accept and redirects to the camp in Meran.
• Hermsdorf Hermsdorf (Max-Hellermann-Straße 15);
• The camp in Suhl no longer accepts refugees.
Refugees are warned that there is no point in looking for a camp with better conditions - they are practically the same. It is better to choose a location that is easier to get to.
Remember that one of the prerequisites for staying abroad is to have health insurance. Thanks to insurance, you will be able to receive high-quality medical care without having to pay for it.
You can buy insurance online in a few clicks here. A ready-made insurance policy will be sent to your email in a few minutes.
If you are planning to leave Ukraine by car, you should take care of obtaining a Green Card policy in advance, because without it, your car will not be allowed to cross the border. You can buy car insurance quickly and profitably on the Visit Ukraine website.
We remind you! Earlier we wrote that starting next year, Ukrainian citizens living in Germany can expect an increase in financial assistance. According to the approved resolution, the standard amounts of social assistance and Bürgergeld payments will increase from January 1. Find out more about how much will be paid.
Want to know more? Read the latest news and useful materials about Ukraine and the world in the News section.
Our recommendation for a safe and comfortable trip:
Visit Ukraine Insurance - insurance for a safe stay abroad without unnecessary expenses;
Green Card - compulsory car insurance for traveling abroad;
Visit Ukraine Tickets - book tickets for buses, trains, and airplanes to/from Ukraine and between cities around the world;
Private Lawyer service - professional legal support on visa and migration issues;
Visit Ukraine Merch - buy patriotic clothing and accessories with worldwide delivery.
© 2018-2023, Visit Ukraine. Use, copying or reprinting of materials on this site is permitted only with a link (hyperlink for online publications) to Visit Ukraine.
All rights reserved.
Hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian refugees regularly come to Ukraine for a short period of time, and one of the reasons they travel to a country where war is ongoing is to visit doctors. Find out why Ukrainians temporarily residing in Europe choose to be treated in Ukraine
19 Nov. 2023More details
3 minFor foreigners in UA
Foreigners who have joined the Armed Forces of Ukraine have the right to immigrate to Ukraine after the expiration of their contract. Find out what is required to obtain a permanent residence permit in Ukraine after serving in the Armed Forces of Ukraine and how to apply for immigration
Christmas is considered one of the greatest holidays in Ukraine. It's a unique holiday filled with the magic of love and hope, and Ukrainians celebrate it with their families and friends. Find out more about where to go to spend an unforgettable Christmas
Rail routes sometimes not only provide an opportunity to discover the beauty and diversity of European cities and natural landscapes, but also significantly save your budget. Find out more about the best train routes between European cities
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.