Work in Canada for CUAET holders: rules and features, where to look for jobs
Adaptation to life in a new country is a long and difficult process. Employment is one of the elements of adaptation and an important step towards starting a new life abroad. Ukrainians who moved to Canada because of the war in Ukraine were able to get a CUAET - a Canadian-Ukrainian emergency travel permit, which also allows for official work.
We tell you how and where to look for a job in Canada.
Why do you need CUAET for employment?
After receiving CUAET, refugees from Ukraine can legally stay in the country. The Canadian government created this permit to support Ukrainians and provide them with temporary residency status and access to education and employment.
What is required to work in Canada?
In addition to the CUAET permit, you need to have:
1. Social Insurance Number (SIN). It must be obtained within the first 14 days of your stay in Canada. A SIN is also required to access government services and benefits. You can apply for a SIN online at canada.ca or in person.
2. Work permit. It is possible to get a permit after actually arriving in Canada. You can submit an application using the link until March 31, 2023.
Attention! Closer to this date, it will be known whether the deadline for obtaining a work permit will be extended and by how much. So don't worry, because this is not the final date.
3. Results of the medical commission. If you applied for CUAET outside of Canada and then applied for a work permit, you will have 90 days to pass the medical board. If you have completed CUAET in Canada, the government will inform you how to make an appointment with a doctor. You can find out about lifting the restriction on employment if you have not passed a medical examination here.
Additional benefits of a work permit
Ukrainians who meet the criteria of the province or territory of residence can apply for state health insurance. Read more about medical services in Canada at the link.
Where to find a job in Canada?
View vacancies exclusively for Ukrainians on the Job Bank portal. Also search for jobs on sites that post ads for everyone in Canada, such as here. If you have any questions regarding job search through Job Bank, you can fill out the questionnaire and get advice. Be sure to mention that you are a Ukrainian looking for a job.
The Job Bank website has other useful tools to help you when looking for a job:
1. Finding a job for those who have just arrived in Canada. Look for information to help you adapt in Canada;
2. Quizzes and tests that, based on your skills, will create a list of professions that may suit you;
3. Resume designer;
4. Instructions "How to use the Job Bank information guide".
We will remind you! For detailed information on how to get money with a CUAET permit and other support upon arrival in Canada, read our article at the link.
1 minFür Flüchtlinge
1 minFür Flüchtlinge
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.