Breaking news digest for March 7
Mon, 07 Mar / 23:18
Breaking news digest for March 7
12th day of the Russian war against Ukraine is over. This is what Ukrainians have been worried about for the last 24 hours:
- - All eyes of the country were on the suburbs of Kyiv – the enemy is not giving up on the attempts to seize the capital. With special rage Russians are damaging the settlements of Bucha, Hostomel, Vorzel, Irpin, deliberately killing civilians. Head of Hostomel community died while handing out bread and medicine to people.
- - Evacuation of civilians from Kyiv suburbs is going on. 2 thousand residents have already been evacuated from Bucha, Hostomel, Irpin, where during all these days one of the harshest fights in our country unfolded. According to Vadym Denysenko, counselor to the Minister of Internal Affairs, another 4 thousand people remain blocked in the occupied territories near Kyiv.
- - Due to the constant shelling of humanitarian corridors by the occupants, foreign student cannot get evacuated too. According to Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk, more than 2 thousand foreign students from 27 countries cannot leave Sumy, Chernihiv, Mariupol and Kherson.
- - The atrocities of Russians towards civilians make politicians around the word take action. Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Commission, stated that the EU should cease to depend on Russian gas, oil and coal, promising to introduce an energy diversification plan for Europe on March 8. In turn, President Zelensky called upon the whole world to boycott the Russian exports. However, Germany has already protested the embargo on Russian energy supplies.
- - The third round of negotiations between Ukraine and Russia took place. As per the brief release of Mykhailo Podoliak, counsel to the Office of the President, there is minor positive advance in relation to logistics improvement within the humanitarian corridors. It was reported yesterday that negotiations of Ministers of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine and Russia will take place on March 10 in Antalya.
- - A piece of statistics for the end: 143 thousand our compatriots returned home to defend Ukraine. They will be joined by 20 thousand combatants of the International Legion among whom are soldiers from the US, Great Britain, Sweden, Lithuania, India and even Mexico.
As President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy said “I’m sure that soon we will be able to tell our people: come back home, there is no danger already”. Together towards the victory!
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.