Come back

1 min

10 Sep. 2022


The Big Family Card (Karta Dużej Rodziny) in Poland. Who can get?

Für Flüchtlinge


The Big Family Card (Karta Dużej Rodziny) in Poland. Who can get?

Help our volunteers who support Ukraine and all foreigners in the country 24/7

Since January 1, 2019, Poland has introduced a support program for families with at least three children. At the same time, the amount of income does not affect the possibility of receiving assistance.

You can take advantage of benefits and discounts if you issue a Karta Dużej Rodziny. It can be in plastic or electronic form in the mObywatel application.

Holders of such a card can receive services and goods at reduced prices throughout Poland. Supermarket chains such as Biedronka or Lidl, cultural institutions (for example, museums), transport institutions, gas stations and others participate in this program. You can find out about this by the presence of the "Tu honorujemy Kartę Dużej Rodziny" sticker on the walls or glass of buildings.

Can refugees from Ukraine get a card?

Ukrainian parents who have refugee status can issue a card for both themselves and their minor children (or children under 25 years old, if they are studying). In cases where there is a disability certificate, there are no age restrictions.

Attention! Ukrainians with the status of temporary protection will not be able to receive benefits under this program and use its privileges.

How to issue?

Parents fill out the form on the official page with the following data:

• name and surname

• PESEL number

• date of birth

• series and number of the identity document

• residence address.

Additionally, information about all family members is provided. This can be done electronically on the  (electronic signature required). The review of the application lasts for 30 days. If approved, the family receives cards for each person free of charge.