How to economically use electrical appliances and lighting: practical tips
Due to the damage to critical infrastructure facilities in Ukraine, a difficult situation with electricity supply has arisen. To help energy workers overcome the consequences of shelling, authorities asked Ukrainians to preserve electricity. We will talk about how to do it correctly later.
In addition to the main rules - turn off the lights, wash at low temperatures and refuse the microwave, there are less obvious ways to keep our country warm and bright.
The following steps will help you save on lighting:
1. Forget about incandescent lamp bulbs. Choose LED and fluorescent alternatives. The brightness of an 8 W LED lamp is similar to a 60 W incandescent lamp.
2. Clean the dust on the chandeliers, as it carries off up to 15% of the light;
3. Be creative and use unusual lighting sources. They can be garlands, toys or blogger LED lamps. These devices are powered by batteries, so they are safer than candles. In addition, you can control the brightness.
4. Make a candle that works more than a year. Actions algorithm:
• Buy a 3 W LED light, two batteries, tape, copper wire and rubber band;
• Connect the batteries so that the plus and minus are on different sides;
• On one side, attach a piece of copper wire to connect plus and minus;
• Add an LED light on the other side of the plus and minus;
• Fasten the copper wire and the lamp on both sides of the batteries with a rubber band.
How to use household appliances and save energy?
DTEK specialists claim that a few simple decisions will reduce electricity consumption by up to 50%. Some of the tips may seem obvious, and some may be unusual. However, we advise you to listen to the opinion of experts who recommend doing the following:
1. Choose devices with efficiency class A, A+, A++. They consume less energy, so your home will become energy efficient;
2. Think about the location of the equipment. If your refrigerator is next to a stove or heating appliances, move it. According to data, this step saves up to 30% of electricity;
3. Optimize your computer. To cut power consumption in half, turn on the sleep mode - this makes the monitor turn off 5-10 minutes after you stop using it;
4. Turn off the chargers from the sockets. Even without the device, they continue to consume up to 1 W per hour.
Despite the rolling blackouts and requests from the authorities to save electricity, Ukrainians maintain optimism and strength of mind. No matter how dark it is, the main thing is to confidently move towards victory and remember that difficult times will end sooner or later.
While blackouts continue to be implemented in Ukraine, we remind you where to check the schedule for your region.
1 minCost of living
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.