About this tour
An excursion to Vynohradiv will give you a lot of vivid impressions and introduce you to the rich history, unique architecture, picturesque nature and unusual folk flavor that you will not find anywhere else.
Tour dates: every Friday
- Departure from Uzhhorod.
- A walk along the alleys of the unique Berezynka Arboretum, where you will be pleasantly surprised by the variety of rare and exotic trees.
- Stop in the "capital of twins", Velyka Kopanya village, where we will quench our thirst from a unique spring with the purest water.
- Inspection of the ruins of Vynohradiv Stonehenge - the Kanky Castle (XI-VII centuries), located on the ledge of the mysterious Black Mountain.
- A guided tour of the city of Vinogradov, the ancient center of the Ugocan Committee in northern Transylvania and later the Austrian Empire. You will visit the palace of Baron Pereni, the ancient Church of the Ascension, the Franciscan Monastery, see the original bronze monuments to the Winemaker and the fountain "The Girl Squeezing Grapes".
- An interesting excursion to the only buffalo farm in Ukraine, where the population of these amazing animals is being restored. Tasting of milk, sour cream, butter, and real mozzarella cheese made from the milk of black buffaloes.
- Visit to the village of Chetfalva to see the functioning church (XIV century) and the highest wooden bell tower in the Transcarpathian region (XVIII century).
- A stop in the village of Bene and a tour of the existing defensive Reformed church (XIV century).
- A visit to the tasting wine cellar of the legendary Transcarpathian winemaker Ivan Ursta, whose wines always win prizes at festivals.
- Return to Uzhhorod.
*The tour is conducted in Ukrainian
In the fascinating author's program of the tour "Vynohradiv - the royal city of Transcarpathia" we offer to discover a new bright and amazing side of our region. You will find many highlights of the ancient Sevliush, which was an important outpost on the Salt Route: it was through Vynohradiv that salt from the village of Solotvyno was delivered to Europe. Vynohradiv district is the land of Transylvanian princes, kings, barons, Keldelari gypsies and real Transcarpathian Gaz-Magyars. You will be fascinated by the wealth of exotic trees in the Berezynka arboretum, impressed by the real "source of twins", surprised by the history of the legendary Kanky Castle, which in ancient times was not inferior in beauty and grandeur to the Mukachevo "Palanok", captivated by the architecture of Vynohradiv, which was once a center of trade and even received royal privileges. In addition, you will see the tallest and oldest wooden bell tower in Transcarpathia, as well as the current defensive Reformed church in the village of Bene. A nice bonus of the tour will be a tasting of products made from black buffalo milk!
Additional fees: Lunch - approximately 100 UAH; Tasting of buffalo milk products - 75 UAH/person; Assignment of a specific place in the bus for a tourist - 100 UAH/person; Wine tasting - 100 UAH/person.
5 reasons to choose tour
An excursion to Vynohradiv will give you many vivid impressions and will introduce you to the rich history, unique architecture, picturesque nature and unusual folk flavor that you will not find anywhere else.
We offer to discover a new bright and stunning side of our region
Many highlights of ancient Sevlyush await you, which was an important outpost on the Salt Route
You will be enchanted by the abundance of exotic trees in the Berezinka Arboretum, you will be amazed by the real "twins' source", you will be surprised by the history of the legendary Kankiv Castle, which in ancient times was not inferior in beauty and grandeur to the Mukachevo "Palanok"
In addition, you will see the highest and oldest wooden bell tower in Transcarpathia, as well as the active defensive Reformed church in the village of Bene
The village of Bene
Ancient wine cellar
What is included?
Transfer along the route
*From each purchased tour, we transfer 10% to the Ukrainian Refugee Support Fund. All profits from press tours are transferred to the reconstruction of Ukraine.
ALSO YOU WILL LIKE
SPA-Ausflug in Lumshory Baden in den Bottichen
Highlights of Khustshchyna: thermal springs, deer and cheese
DOVBUSH ROCKS, TUSTAN FORTRESS, ROCK MONASTERY
Hike to the Voyevodin waterfall
SECRETS OF THE UZHAN VALLEY
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.