About this tour
To everyone tired of the city noise and endless commotion, SPA-excursion bathing in tanks will give what the soul is missing: peace and tranquillity in nature in the middle of the Carpathians!
The silence and majesty of the beech forests, the soothing noise of the mountain stream, the picturesque waterfalls and, of course, the unforgettable time spent in the healing vats, give amazing sensations and an exciting drive.
You will feel the energy of the Carpathian Mountains on this excursion. A vivid addition to your experience will be a tasting lunch of Transcarpathian cuisine at the "Pidkova" ethno-restaurant: you will taste 16 delicious and hearty Transcarpathian dishes, uzvar, and locally made plum. A tour of the ruins of Nevytskyi Castle, lost among the Carpathian Mountains, will be a pleasant surprise for lovers of antiquity and romance.
Tour dates: every Monday
Excursion program Bathing in tanks in Lumshory:
- Departure from Uzhhorod.
- Moving to the small highland village of Lumshory.
- A walk along the Turychka mountain stream to the small but very picturesque waterfalls "Davir" and "Solovey".
- SPA procedures: alternating bathing in tanks with hot mineral water and a cold mountain river. An unforgettable experience! A huge cast-iron vat with a capacity of approximately 2,000 litres stands in the middle of a roofless wooden hut. It is filled with mineral water and heated with firewood on an open fire. There are several stones in the vat. You get inside (4-5 people), and the hospitable host puts firewood in the fire and "cooks" you over a slow fire. As soon as you feel that the blood begins to boil (although the water is heated to no more than + 45° C), jump out! An icy mountain stream is a few steps away, dive there and get back into the tank.
- Moving to Perechyn. Lunch-tasting of Transcarpathian cuisine in ethno-restaurant "Horseshoe".
- Moving to the castle hill near the village of Nevytske. Excursion through the ruins of Nevytskyi Castle (15th century) - the most mysterious castle in Transcarpathia. History and legends of ancient walls. According to legend, young brides of a noble family were buried in it, away from human eyes. Amazing photos with a view of the Uzhan Valley and the Slovak Tatras.
- Return to Uzhhorod
The tour starts at 09:00 a.m.
The tour ends at 05:00 p.m.
Route: Uzhhorod - Lumshory - Perechyn - Nevitske - Uzhhorod
Bathing in tanks is approximately 100 UAH
Lunch-tasting is 200 UAH
The tour is conducted in Ukrainian.
*The originality of the text is completely preserved by the author of the tour (tour operator)
About this tour
Relax in the vats
Stroll along the waterfalls
Enjoy the views
Hear the stories and legends of Nevytskyi Castle
Have a good and interesting time
The Lumshor vats
You will have a SPA bathing procedure in mineral (hydrogen sulfide) tanks. Since ancient times, Transcarpathian residents have discovered the healing effects of the local mineral springs. The first mention of the springs and the procedures themselves refers to the beginning of the 17th century.
Small picturesque waterfalls "Davir" and "Solovei"
Looping between steep mountains, the road will lead you to a world of peace, protected by old Carpathian beeches. Along the way, you will always be accompanied by the Turychka mountain stream, breaking the silence with the endless noise of raging waters.
The fortress buildings have no analogues in Ukraine, as this is the only castle built according to the type of Italian medieval knightly fortifications.
What is included?
Transfer along the route
*From each purchased tour, we transfer 10% to the Ukrainian Refugee Support Fund. All profits from press tours are transferred to the reconstruction of Ukraine.
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.