How to issue a residence permit in Italy: 9 options for staying in the country
Currently, there are several ways for Ukrainians to stay in Italy after the end of the war. Let's talk about them in more detail
Many citizens of Ukraine found refuge in Italy with the beginning of a full-scale war. A certain percentage have already found work there and are looking for ways to stay in the country after the end of hostilities.
Currently, there are several options to stay in Italy after the end of the war in Ukraine. We share 9 ways to get a permanent residence permit.
Grounds for obtaining a residence permit in Italy
1. Marriage or family restoration. This is one of the most popular ways to legally immigrate to the country. It is interesting that certain Italian communes issue a family residence permit not only for officially registered spouses, but also for cohabitants.
2. Studying at a higher educational institution. It is easy to get a student visa for young people under 30 years old. In Italian universities, you can study in Italian or English.
How to get?
• Choose a university;
• Take entrance exams;
• Legalize/certify with an apostille a certificate or diploma of education.
Delivery period: up to 4 months.
Employment eligibility: Students are eligible to work 20 hours per week and are given a year to find permanent employment after graduation.
3. Type D "Residenza elettiva" visa. To receive it, it is necessary to have a passive income of 31,000 euros for each family member per year. You also need to buy real estate in Italy or rent housing for at least a year.
Right to work: none.
Term of receipt: 2 months.
4. Type D "Lavoro autonomo" visa. To receive it, you should open a representative office in Italy. The main documents are prepared directly in Italy, while the visa applicant is waiting for permission to open a representative office.
5. Visa for investors. To receive it, it is necessary to invest 500,000 euros in a new innovative company.
Term of validity: issued for two years, with a possible extension for another three years.
6. Residence permit for top managers. To receive it, you need to work for an Italian company and have a salary equal to or three times higher than the minimum annual income established for Italians. All documents are prepared by the employer.
Pay attention! An internship in an Italian company also gives the right to receive a residence permit.
7. Startup visa, which is issued to those who opened an innovative enterprise.
8. Stay in the country under the status of temporary protection or ask for political asylum.
9. Certificate for parents of minor children.
In addition, a person can apply for permanent residence if he has lived legally in Italy for 5 years and citizenship for at least 10 years.
More details about the procedure for a permanent residence permit in Italy: the required package of documents, contact details of institutions, deadlines and many other useful information are collected on the Visit World portal at the link.
Choose the country, the purpose of the trip and your citizenship, and you will immediately receive structured information about any purpose of the trip. If you want an individual review of your situation, order legal advice from a local specialist on the website.
We will remind you! Previously, we wrote about the cost of renting an apartment, the prices of products, travel and medical services in Italy. You can find out more about this in our article at the link.
How many people around the world study the Ukrainian language: annual report
According to the Duolingo application, in 2022 there was a surge among those who wanted to know the Ukrainian language. Demand is observed even in countries far from us
11 Dec. 2022More details
The phenomenon of Ukrainian donations, or how Ukrainians collect millions in a war-torn country
How the true culture of donation was born in Ukraine and why Ukrainians have become one of the most united nations in the world
11 Dec. 2022More details
Ukrainian borscht, French baguette, Neapolitan pizza: products and dishes under the protection of UNESCO
The dishes that are known all over the world and familiar to everyone are included in the UNESCO List of Intangible Cultural Heritage
12 Dec. 2022More details
How Lviv lives during the war and which places are a must-see: an exclusive interview with a local guide
Find out about the complete list of must-visit places in Lviv, paid and free entertainment, as well as a checklist of an ideal day in the city of Lviv
12 Dec. 2022More details
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.