Military accounting abroad: new duties and obligations
The government approved the rules for military registration of conscripts, conscripts and reservists. From now on, diplomatic missions will deal with the return of men home during mobilization. Learn more about the new powers of diplomatic institutions of Ukraine abroad
Recently, the authorities of Ukraine adopted a new law on the mobilization and organization of military registration. The relevant Resolution No. 1487 "On approval of the Procedure for the organization and maintenance of military records of conscripts, conscripts and reservists" appeared on the government portal. According to the law, from now on foreign diplomatic institutions of Ukraine will be assigned a number of new duties, and they will be responsible for keeping military records of conscripts abroad.
What new duties will Ukrainian consulates and embassies abroad perform from now on?
• According to the resolution, Ukrainian consulates and embassies will be required to keep records of conscripts, people of draft age and reservists who are currently temporarily registered at the embassy or consulate. The account will be kept according to the list;
• it is the consulates and embassies that will from now on be responsible for informing about the start of a new conscription of citizens of Ukraine for military service of people who are not exempted from mandatory military service, do not have appropriate deferments and are on temporary consular registration;
• diplomatic institutions will be obliged to inform the relevant territorial recruitment and social support centers, bodies of the Security Service of Ukraine and units of the Foreign Intelligence Service about the registration or removal from consular records of conscripts within the next 7 days.
New powers of diplomatic institutions of Ukraine abroad
With the entry into force of the new resolution, embassies and consulates of Ukraine have the right to:
• keep military records of conscripts, people of draft age and reservists who are currently temporarily registered at the embassy or consulate;
• in a timely manner, but within 7 days, to inform the relevant territorial recruitment and social support centers, bodies of the Security Service of Ukraine and units of the Foreign Intelligence Service about the registration or removal from the consular register of conscripts.
Also, according to the new resolution, from now on the removal from the military register of conscripts, people of conscription age and reservists who plan to go abroad for a period of more than 3 months will be carried out only after a personal visit of these persons with relevant documents confirming the crossing of the border, until one of the following institutions:
• territorial center of recruitment and social support;
• the Security Service of Ukraine;
• a division of the Foreign Intelligence Service.
In the case of going abroad for more than 3 months, conscripted citizens will be required to register at the embassy or consulate of Ukraine in the country of residence.
Who is obliged to register for the military?
• Persons of conscription age from 16 to 27 years;
• conscripts and reservists who have not reached the maximum age of being in the reserve;
• women with medical or pharmaceutical education;
• on request - women who have received an education in the field of professions related to military affairs.
Would you like to receive answers on the legal aspects of the current rules for traveling abroad? Order the "Personal lawyer" service from Visit Ukraine partners using the link. The contract is valid for a period of 30 days.
How to register for military registration online?
The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine adopted a resolution, thanks to which conscripts and reservists will be able to provide relevant information about themselves to military commissions through the state application "Diia". From now on, citizens can, at their own request, submit relevant information in order to provide their personal data to the Unified State Register of Conscripts.
We will remind you! Earlier, we talked about changes in the procedure for the departure of conscripted men abroad in the new year 2023. Detailed information can be found in our material at the link.
Ukrainians who have already arranged their own lives in Poland often think about opening their own business in the country. Learn more about what is required to open a business in Poland
06 Jan. 2023More details
Seats from Visit Ukraine have appeared in the Kyiv metro, which can be used during an air raid. Find out at which stations you can get seats for a comfortable stay in the shelter
06 Jan. 2023More details
1 minFor refugees
Moving to Canada is a serious process for which you need to prepare. We have prepared a special dictionary of terms for immigrants to Canada. Learn about abbreviations and key terms that will help you in the country
07 Jan. 2023More details
An employment contract and a contract for the performance of specific work, or a subcontract are among the most popular civil law contracts in Poland. Learn more about the main differences between the main documents for employment in the country
08 Jan. 2023More details
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.