Residence permit (karta czasowego pobytu) in Poland: the most common mistakes when submitting documents
In order to be able to legally stay in Poland for a long time, it is necessary to have a Polish residence permit - a broken card. It gives the right to stay in the country, work and travel. In order to avoid inconveniences during registration, learn more about mistakes that are often made when submitting documents
In order to obtain a residence permit (karta czasowego pobytu) in Poland, you need to prepare a number of documents and stand in queues for their submission. At the same time, there is no guarantee that the applicant will receive the long-awaited document. Let's talk about typical mistakes that can cause failure.
Unfilled sections of the application
You cannot leave any sections of the application blank. If the question does not apply to you, write "nie dotyczy" or "brak". Otherwise, you will be called for a second interview.
Spelling of first and last names
Ukrainians often make mistakes when filling out their data. Write your name in Latin letters according to Ukrainian transliteration rules. If you have a foreign passport, enter the name as it appears on this document.
Non-compliance with photo requirements
Uzhond has formulated clear requirements for photos that must be added to the application for opening the a residence permit:
• Quantity – 4 photos;
• Size – 45*35 mm;
• Relevance – the photo must be taken within the last six months;
• A clear background - you must be photographed on a plain, bright background;
• The face should occupy 70-80% of the photo, with a clear image of the eyes and head from the top of the head to the shoulders;
• You need to look straight ahead with a calm facial expression and loose hair.
Note the exceptions:
• A person with eye defects can add a photo where he or she is wearing dark glasses or lenses. In this case, documents or a certificate confirming disability are necessary;
• If a foreigner wears a headdress due to religious views, he can be photographed wearing it, provided that the face is fully visible. However, you need to add a statement about belonging to a religious community.
What mistake do they make? Often, Ukrainians paste a photo card on their own in a statement that it should NOT be done. You only need to bring a photo, and an employee of the institution will paste it himself.
Signing the statement
Signatures in the wrong places, going beyond the special field, or the absence of a signature can also be reasons for refusing to issue a residence permit (karta czasowego pobytu).
Pay attention to the rules:
• Adults must leave a signature on page 7 without going beyond the limits of the special field;
• Minors do not sign the statement;
• On page 8, adults write their name in Latin letters;
• Name, surname and signature of parents are indicated instead of children's names.
What documents to bring: originals or copies?
• Another typical mistake is the absence of originals or copies during a visit to the hospital. Take copies along with the originals. An employee of the institution will compare the originals with the copies and leave the latter in the warehouse. It is not necessary to notarize the copies.
Exceptions: Zalonchnik 1 and the opinion of the mayor - documents that must be submitted in originals. They are provided by those who receive a card beaten from work.
• Those who cannot make an appointment for a visit to the hospital send documents by mail. A common mistake is to send documents by regular mail instead of registered mail.
Information about housing
Make sure your contract includes all family members, including children.
Make sure that the documents are not expired, otherwise you may not be issued with a residence permit (karta czasowego pobytu). If the deadline for any of the documents has expired, and your application is still pending, submit the current version.
Notification of errors in documents
If the search engine finds errors or the absence of a certain document, you will receive an email asking you to correct the inaccuracies or add the document. What the Ukrainians allow - they ignore the deadlines specified in the letter.
As a result, the case is not considered, and the applicant receives a refusal. Therefore, it is important to communicate with the employer and inform them if you do not have time to provide a certain document.
We will remind you! Ukrainian families have the right to receive cash assistance for adults and children in 2023. Find out in more detail which programs of financial assistance to Ukrainian families are currently available in Poland and how to receive payments by following the link.
Employment in Turkey: in-demand vacancies, how to get a job and where to look for a job
Ukrainians who found refuge in Turkey continue to look for work and find employment. Find out more about where you can find vacancies and what professions are currently in demand in the country
13 Jan. 2023More details
Ukrainians in the Czech Republic: what changes for refugees will come into force in 2023
The Czech Republic continues to provide shelter to Ukrainians fleeing the war. In particular, the country's government extended the validity period of the temporary status and introduced certain changes, some of which have already begun to take effect. Learn more about what will change for Ukrainians in 2023
13 Jan. 2023More details
Ukrainian refugees in Canada can receive assistance of up to 2 thousand dollars: how to apply
The Canadian government will provide additional financial assistance to refugees from Ukraine. Ukrainians will be able to claim up to $2,000. Learn more about how to get funds
14 Jan. 2023More details
1 minFor refugees
New rules of social assistance and placement of Ukrainians in the Netherlands: what you need to know
The Netherlands continues to provide assistance to Ukrainians who have found refuge in the country. However, in the near future, new rules for the assistance and accommodation of refugees will enter into force. Learn more about what changes are being implemented
14 Jan. 2023More details
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.