The $1K project: new financial assistance to Ukrainians
Ukrainians who, as a result of a full-scale war, were forced to seek shelter around the world can apply for financial assistance from The $1K project in the amount of 1,000 US dollars. Find out how to apply and who is eligible for benefits
As a result of the war, millions of Ukrainians faced dire situations that negatively affected their standard of living. Russian invaders destroy homes, burn villages and destroy everything in their path. A special sponsorship program called "The $1K project" was created for people affected by the war.
The $1K project is a project thanks to which sponsors from the USA can provide financial assistance to Ukrainian families affected by the war. The process of receiving aid is quite simple, because after the application is approved, the funds are transferred to a personal card. The $1K project started working on helping the victims almost immediately after the beginning of the russian invasion. Over 10,000 families and about 35,000 young Ukrainians have received financial assistance from sponsors.
Who can count on financial assistance under The $1K project program?
• Any Ukrainian family that has felt the consequences of the terrible war can count on help from sponsors from the USA. Due to the fact that the program is designed specifically for families, an independent person cannot receive financial assistance. The age of the family members does not matter, as does the current territorial location of the family, so funds can be received not only by those who still live in the territory of Ukraine, but also by those families who have left for safety.
• Subscriptions to the official pages of the project in social networks, namely Instagram and Facebook, are a mandatory condition for receiving financial assistance. This is a necessary condition for personal verification, so if you do not use these social media, you need to join them, because without fulfilling this condition, your application will not be considered. Please note that your social media pages must be open for your application to be considered.
How to apply for financial assistance from The $1K project: instructions
To apply for financial assistance, you must fill out the form with the following information:
• Personal data;
• Ukrainian phone number;
• Bank card number. It is noted that it is necessary to specify the card number, and not the IBAN number. It is also worth paying attention to the fact that it is forbidden to indicate the Alfa Bank card, because it does not work on the territory of Ukraine.
• Specify the city in which you currently live;
• Specify the address of residence;
• Specify the postal code;
• Indicate whether you are still in the territory of Ukraine or have left it for security reasons;
• Specify how many children and adults are in the family;
• Add one recent photo of good quality, on which you can see your entire family;
• Provide links to your Instagram and Facebook pages;
• Briefly tell about your family;
• Describe the situation in which your family found themselves due to the war and indicate what you plan to spend the financial assistance from the project on.
What should you pay attention to when filling out the questionnaire?
• The application must be filled out only once. If you ignore this rule, your application will not be considered;
• Keep in mind that filling out the questionnaire and submitting an application for consideration does not guarantee receiving financial assistance;
• If you speak English, you should fill out the questionnaire in English;
• Due to the large number of applications, the process of receiving a response may be delayed. If your family is selected for assistance, you will receive an email.
Amount and duration of financial aid payments: details
According to the rules of the program, the selected family will be able to receive assistance in the amount of $1,000 only once. At the same time, the money can be spent at your own discretion, no checks or reports need to be provided.
How to cancel an application for financial assistance from The $1K project?
If, due to personal circumstances, you intend to cancel an already submitted application, you must complete the following steps:
• Contact by email at [email protected];
• In the subject of the letter, indicate "Request to delete my submission";
• Specify your e-mail address;
• Enter the mobile phone number that you previously mentioned in the questionnaire;
• Enter the bank card number that you entered when filling out the questionnaire.
After successful fulfillment of these conditions, your questionnaire will be deleted from the project database.
We will remind you! Earlier we wrote that the USA is launching the "Welcome Corps" program, which will allow Americans to financially sponsor Ukrainians fleeing the war. You can find out more about the conditions of the program at the link.
Payments from the Red Cross will stop being issued to Ukrainians in Slovakia. However, the country still has the possibility of refugees receiving funds from other organizations. Find out where you can get cash assistance in the country
25 Jan. 2023More details
Refugees from Ukraine who have issued a residence permit in Italy have the right to stay in the country until March 4, 2023. After the expiration of this period, it is necessary to extend the status. Learn how to do it
25 Jan. 2023More details
The historical center of the port city of Odesa was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. It was nominated for listing 10 years ago. Find out in more detail what the protection of the organization means and what other objects of Ukraine are protected by UNESCO
26 Jan. 2023More details
1 minFor refugees
Ukrainians who found refuge in Sweden at the beginning of the full-scale war had to issue temporary protection. Currently, the validity of the document is coming to an end, so it is important to extend it in time. Learn how to do it
27 Jan. 2023More details
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.