Biometric data for a Canadian visa: current changes and advice for Ukrainians
Collection of biometric data is an important stage in the submission of documents for obtaining a visa to Canada or a CUAET permit. Learn more about when biometrics are required to enter Canada
An important condition for obtaining a visa to Canada is the collection of biometric data. This procedure is mandatory for obtaining a visa, with the exception of a few exceptional cases. We talk about the necessary information regarding data collection for Ukrainians outside of Canada further.
CRS system: how many points do you need to move to Canada under the Express Entry program read here.
Collection of biometric data of Ukrainians outside of Canada. What is important to know?
• After submitting the application, you will receive an instruction letter explaining the collection of biometric data - Biometric Collection Letter. In this instruction, you will find all the necessary information about making an appointment.
• Keep in mind that it is not possible to visit the visa center without prior appointment. Therefore, be sure to make an appointment before a personal visit.
• If for any reason you have not received a Biometric Collection Letter, you do not need to make an appointment yet.
• Do not worry about the impossibility of a quick appointment. Due to heavy traffic, sometimes there may be some recording problems. Currently, visa centers are working on opening new points, so the situation will stabilize later.
• If you have already made an appointment, but the date does not suit you, continue to check the site for availability of appointments. You may be able to get to the appointment earlier.
• If you had the opportunity to get an appointment earlier or you want to postpone the visit to another day, try to cancel the old appointment as soon as possible.
Validity periods of the Biometric Collection Letter in Canada
• Biometric Collection Letter, that is, the instruction on the collection of biometric data remains valid after 30 days. The deadline for submitting biometric data will be automatically extended until the appointment and personal visit to the visa center.
• There is no need to contact the visa center again to obtain a new letter or to extend the old one.
• The application submitted to the visa center will not be processed if you do not submit your biometric data by the deadline specified in the letter.
Who does not need to provide biometric data?
There is no need to provide biometric data if at the time of application you:
• at the age of 17 or younger;
• at the age of 61 or older;
• you have already received a visitor visa to Canada in the last 10 years.
We will remind you! Previously, we talked about the fact that Ukrainian refugees can receive financial assistance of up to $2,000 in Canada. How to apply and what is required for this - read at the link.
Our products and cooperation:
Visit Ukraine Tours is the largest online database of tours in Ukraine for every taste;
Visit Ukraine Merch - patriotic clothing and accessories with worldwide delivery;
Visit Ukraine Tickets - book airline tickets to anywhere in the world, as well as bus and train tickets;
Cooperation – cooperation and advertising integrations with the Visit Ukraine and Visit World projects.
Relevant tips and advice:
• What to prepare for when you come to Canada: An immigrants checklist of things to do
• Features of living in Canada: pros and cons of living in the country
• Having a baby in Canada: benefits costs and citizenship
• The 10 best places to visit in Canada right now
• Canada wants to welcome almost 1.5 million migrants by 2025
1 minFor refugees
The government of Ireland has officially extended the term of temporary protection for Ukrainians until March 2024. Learn more about how to extend your asylum and legal stay in the country
Since the beginning of the full-scale war, many world-famous stars have come to Ukraine to express their support for the entire Ukrainian people and to see with their own eyes how Ukrainians live in such a difficult time. Find out more about which of the world's actors and directors visited Ukraine from February 24, 2022
1 minFor refugees
Refugees from Ukraine living in Bulgaria must submit an application for reissuance of a registration card with an up-to-date address of residence by the end of March. Learn more about how to do this
Lithuania continues to help and support refugees. In particular, the country has simplified the rules for using one's own car for Ukrainians. Find out in more detail whether it is possible to use Ukrainian driver's licenses and other current rules for using cars with Ukrainian registration in Lithuania
19 Feb. 2023More details
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.