Red Cross in Poland resumes providing financial assistance to Ukrainians: how to apply
Refugees from Ukraine who have taken refuge in Poland can again apply for funds from the Red Cross. Find out more about who is eligible for benefits
Ukrainian refugees in Poland can once again count on financial assistance from the Red Cross. The organization has extended the application period until May 26.
What amount can be expected?
It is noted that payments will be made to Ukrainians living in the city of Poznan. Within two months, you can receive 25 thousand hryvnias for each person.
Thus, the amounts of financial assistance provided for families from Ukraine are as follows:
• One person - 1420 PLN (12715 UAH);
• A family of 2 people - 2640 PLN;
• A family of 3 - 3860 PLN;
• A family of 4 people - 5080 PLN;
• A family of 5 or more people - PLN 6300.
Thus, one person can receive a total amount of 25430 UAH for two months, and a family of three - 69130 UAH.
How can Ukrainians receive assistance from the Red Cross in Poland?
The following persons are eligible to receive funds and submit an application:
• Citizens of Ukraine who arrived in Poland after October 1, 2022;
• Citizens of Ukraine residing in the Poznan region;
• Citizens of Ukraine who have not received financial assistance from other humanitarian organizations, such as OOH, ICC, Lutheran World Federation, ADRA Foundation (Poland), Polish Humanitarian Action, Polskie Centrum Pomocy Międzynarodowej (PCPM);
• Citizens of Ukraine living in unsatisfactory conditions;
• Citizens of Ukraine whose average income per family does not exceed 2450 PLN;
• Citizens of Ukraine who have at least one minor child or a person over 60 years of age who is dependent on them;
• Citizens of Ukraine aged 60 years and older;
• Citizens of Ukraine who have at least one person with a disability.
To apply for financial assistance, you need to prepare documents for all family members. In addition, you must:
• Download the IFRC mobile application.
• Create an account and specify the family members who are eligible for assistance.
• Fill out the application form in the application, attaching scanned or photocopied documents.
Where will the funds go?
If your application is approved, you will receive a message with instructions on how to receive the cash at a MoneyGram branch.
Alternatively, you can also receive the money via MoneyGram transfer to an account in PrivatBank, MonoBank, Oschadbank or A-Bank. You will be sent a confirmation code to receive the money.
It is also possible to receive funds by transferring to a bank account using IBAN. To do this, you need to provide your name in Latin letters and the IBAN number of your bank account.
We remind you! The vast majority of Ukrainians return to their homes from abroad. Read more about how and where you can apply for renunciation of the PESEL UKR status upon your final departure from Poland in our article.
Our recommendation for a safe and comfortable trip:
Visit Ukraine Insurance - insurance for a safe stay abroad without unnecessary expenses;
Green Card - compulsory car insurance for traveling abroad;
Visit Ukraine Tickets - book tickets for buses, trains, and airplanes to/from Ukraine and between cities around the world;
Private Lawyer service - professional legal support on visa and migration issues;
Visit Ukraine Merch - buy patriotic clothing and accessories with worldwide delivery.
Simultaneous issuance of passport documents is in demand among Ukrainians. In particular, from now on, adult Ukrainians can apply for passport documents together with documents for children
16 May. 2023More details
1 minFor refugees
The Swiss government provides Ukrainians who have been granted asylum in the country and now want to return home with money for their return. Find out more about the amount of money refugees can expect and how to receive it
2 minWay to Victory
Ukraine's membership in NATO has been the subject of heated debate for years. Find out more about the statement made by the NATO Secretary General after Zelenskyy's visit and whether Ukraine will join the Alliance
During the war, young people in Ukraine find themselves in a difficult and challenging situation. However, despite the difficulties, teenagers continue to strive for a peaceful and fulfilling life. Find out more about how Ukrainian youth are developing and what their plans for the future are
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.