Ukrainian sailors will be able to travel abroad. What are the conditions?
Ukrainian sailors will have the opportunity to cross the border during martial law, but subject to agreement with the territorial manning center. This was announced by Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal.
A men who are crew members of sea and river vessels will be allowed to travel abroad.
Attention! At the time of crossing the border, men have to work on these vessels.
Students and cadets who have to undergo practical training on a ship will also be allowed to cross the border.
The following documents will be required to cross the border:
• seaman's identity card;
• a certificate from the educational institution about completing the internship (only for cadets or students);
• military registration documents with marks from the territorial recruitment center, and information about the person's military duty (not required from crew members of vessels departing from ports of Ukraine);
• ship role (crew list) - only for sailors in the crews of ships departing from the ports of Ukraine;
• confirmation from the Shipping Administration about receiving copies of educational and qualification documents (for everyone, except students);
• a valid employment contract (contract) for work on a ship or a letter from the shipowner/ship operator on the intention to enter into a contract (only for seafarers who cross the border at checkpoints).
To obtain permission to leave the country, seafarers must apply to the military commissariat within seven days of receiving confirmation from the Shipping Administration.
Sailors will not be able to cross the border of Ukraine if:
• more than 12 months have passed since the conclusion of the previous employment contract;
• the seafarer has been in Ukraine for less than 5 months.
In turn, the seafarer's stay outside Ukraine cannot exceed the term of the employment contract (contract).
"More than 100,000 Ukrainians work in global merchant shipping. Therefore, such a decision will provide employment for thousands of sailors and increase revenues to the budget", - the Prime Minister emphasized.
We will remind you! If you have questions about the possibility of traveling abroad, you can contact the Visit Ukraine hotline at +380 93 972 4145. Consultants are available 24 hours a day to help you solve various issues.
3 minFor refugees
Where to seek help for Ukrainians abroad
05 Mar. 2022More details
2 minFor refugees
1 minFor refugees
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.