Come back

1 min

28 Oct. 2022


Cash assistance from HIAS to war victims: how to get UAH 6,600

For refugees


Cash assistance from HIAS to war victims: how to get UAH 6,600

Help our volunteers who support Ukraine and all foreigners in the country 24/7
Help our volunteers who support Ukraine and all foreigners in the country 24/7

Citizens who suffered as a result of military actions in Brovary, Bucha, Irpen and other settlements of the Kyiv region will be able to receive additional financial assistance from HIAS. From November, residents of the Kharkiv region will also be able to receive financial assistance.

The Right to Defense Charitable Foundation is starting a new project with the support of HIAS in these regions.

What amount will be paid to the victims?

The payment will be 6,660 hryvnias for each family member.

Who can get help?

Not only people who lost their homes, businesses, and means of livelihood as a result of hostilities in this territory, but also vulnerable families of IDPs in these regions will be able to apply for financial assistance. Persons with disabilities, single-parent families, etc. will also be able to receive assistance.

Preference is given to IDP families registered within the last month, even if they do not have the vulnerabilities listed above.

Therefore, the following categories can receive financial assistance:

• Families (IDPs) who were displaced within the last 30 days.

• Affected households from sudden shelling, families who lost a family member; lost their means of livelihood (damaged/lost shop, farm, livestock, etc.) as a result of hostilities.

• IDPs or people who moved more than 30 days ago, have an income of less than UAH 5,400 per person (for the last 3 months) and meet at least one of the vulnerability criteria:

- have two or more children,

- there are persons with disabilities,

- the household is run by one person (man or woman),

- there are pregnant women and women with infants under 2 years old,

- have elderly people (55+ years) in the family.

Attention! Those families who have already received payments from other international organizations will not be able to apply.

How do I apply for HIAS cash assistance?

Permanent registration center: Brovary, str. Independence 5 (entrance from the yard).

Working hours: weekdays, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

There are also field mobile brigades working in the Kyiv region. The work schedule is constantly updated in the Telegram channel at the link.

What documents are required for registration?

For registration, you will need:

• data of your internal Ukrainian passport; the tax number that will be used to process payments;

• IBAN number of the bank account where the funds will be credited.

• documents confirming belonging to the category of vulnerability (birth certificates of children and their tax numbers, medical certificates, certificates of disability, pregnancy, etc.).

Pay attention! At the time of registration, all family members must be present with the originals of the above-mentioned documents.

Registrars will conduct a small survey, enter data on each family member into the program and help form an application for assistance. All the information you provide during registration is confidential and will be entered into the database of the Charitable Foundation "Right to Protection".