Traveling abroad by car: basic rules for drivers when entering Europe
When crossing the state border by car, you must have the following documents with you:
• a driver's license that meets international standards;
• vehicle registration document (technical passport), which contains personal information in Cyrillic and Latin;
• identification mark of Ukraine on a car (UA);
• state license plate on the car. Keep in mind: if your car has an individual license plate, it will be considered valid only on the territory of Ukraine. You have the right to cross the border only with state license plates.
• a valid international insurance contract - a Green Card (according to Article 16 of the Law of Ukraine "On Compulsory Civil Liability Insurance of Land Vehicle Owners"). You can issue an insurance policy online by following the link.
If you are not the owner of a car, but are going to cross the border with it, you must have one of the following documents with you:
• power of attorney for the right to drive a car with a note on the owner's permission to travel abroad;
• temporary registration card for the right to drive a car;
• technical passport for the car. As you know, the "Diia" app has a car sharing function, which allows you to share your car's technical license with another person in a few clicks. This is convenient when the car is used by several family members (for example, husband and wife).
How to transfer a technical passport through Diia?
To share documents on a car through the program, you need to take several steps:
1. Update the service if necessary; In the "Services" section, find "Car sharing";
2. Select the desired menu item: share a car or send a request for a technical license to another person;
3. Choose the car you want to share;
4. Specify the period for which the technical passport of your car will be available in "Diia" for another person;
5. Enter your contact details or check them if they were automatically uploaded via BankID;
6. Specify the place of residence; 7. Check the application and send a request for the data of the person with whom you want to share the technical passport;
8. Show the QR code or send a link to the request to the person to whom the technical passport is transferred (if he is not near you).
9. The user confirms the request, adds contact data and signs the application using the program;
10. Sign the application using "Diia.Signature" and send it to the service center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
In a few minutes, the technical passport will appear in the other person's application.
Attention! If the owner of the car is abroad, a power of attorney for driving the car by a third person can be issued at the embassy/consulate of Ukraine or at a notary in the country of residence. Such a power of attorney must be apostilled, translated into Ukrainian and certified by a Ukrainian notary. The presence of the person for whom the power of attorney is issued is not mandatory.
Winter rules for European drivers. In which EU countries should you change tires with the onset of cold weather?
European countries where installation of winter tires is mandatory
2 minFor refugees
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.