Free services of Ukrzaliznytsia, which passengers do NOT know about
Every day, hundreds of Ukrainians use the services of Ukrzaliznytsia. But most passengers do not even suspect that there are free services that are included in the price of a ticket, including an electronic one. We will tell you what UZ clients can use absolutely free of charge.
Free services of "Ukrzaliznytsia", which passengers do NOT know about
• Passengers who have purchased paper or electronic tickets have the full right to use the toilets for free at railway stations and stations through which the train runs. It is noted that paid restrooms or paid waiting rooms with enhanced comfort services can work only if the station or train station has their free counterparts.
Clause 36 of the Procedure for serving citizens by railway transport establishes: it is forbidden to open paid toilets instead of free ones. It is also forbidden to expand the area of the paid waiting room, if this will affect the comfort of passengers who are at the train station or station.
• Every passenger has the right to ask the conductor to get free boiling water if needed. According to the law, the carrier is obliged to provide passengers with drinking water (clause 6-1 of the Procedure for serving citizens by rail transport).
• Each passenger has the right to use the refrigerator and microwave oven, which are located in the conductor's compartment, free of charge.
• Every passenger who needs medication can access a free first-aid kit, which is usually kept by the conductor.
• If a passenger is afraid of heights or feels uncomfortable on the top shelf, he has the right to receive special seat belts free of charge.
• In the rules of transportation of citizens by railway transport, it is stated that the passenger has the right not to fold bed linen after use. Clause 63 of the Procedure for serving citizens by railway establishes: the delivery of bed linen to the sleeping place and its folding 30 minutes before arrival at the destination is the duty of the conductor.
• Every passenger who, for any reason, has passed his stop, has the right to return free of charge. To do this, you need to contact the train conductor and present your ticket. After that, an appropriate act on the extension of the validity of the ticket will be drawn up, thanks to which the passenger will be able to reach the final destination indicated on his ticket free of charge.
• If the compartment is equipped with air conditioning, but it turned out to be faulty, each passenger, after notifying the conductor in advance, has the right to transfer to a car with working air conditioning, provided there are free seats there.
• Passengers are not obliged to share their shelves with anyone, because the right to use the lower cabin for hand luggage belongs to the passenger traveling on the lower shelf, and the upper one to the passenger traveling on the upper shelf.
Are the lives of passengers who use the services of "Ukrzaliznytsia" insured?
• Insurance company services are included in the price of each ticket. Therefore, if a passenger is injured during the trip, he has the right to receive compensation. To do this, it is necessary to draw up an accident report, save the ticket and contact the insurance company whose contacts are indicated on the ticket.
We will remind you! Earlier, we wrote about the new international routes of Ukrzaliznytsia. You can find out details about the timing of trains by following the link.
1 minFor refugees
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.