Map of skating rinks and Christmas trees in Kyiv 2022: festive locations of the capital and other cities of Ukraine
A map of holiday locations was developed in Ukraine. Find out which cities still decided to install symbolic Christmas trees, what they will be like this year, and where the ice rinks were installed
From now on, you can see the location of Christmas trees and ice rinks in the Ukrainian capital and other cities on one map. More than 40 locations in different regions of Ukraine have already been marked on the map. Their locations will increase, because the map is planned to be supplemented.
The map is available at the link.
We share the most interesting New Year's locations in Kyiv, their location and work schedule.
Festive locations in Kyiv
• The country's main Christmas tree. This year's "unbreakable" Christmas tree is artificial and decorated with energy-saving garlands powered by a generator. The Christmas tree is decorated with last year's toys, blue and yellow balls and white doves.
The location is located in Shevchenkivskyi District on Sofia Square
Working hours: 10:00-21:00
• Christmas tree at the Central Railway Station. This beauty lights up according to the principle of a dynamo machine: if someone turns the pedals of an exercise bike, the lights of the garland light up.
Location: Solomyansky District, Vokzalna Square, 1
Working hours: 24/7
• "Winter country" on VDNG. At the festive location, you can visit Santa's residence, an ice rink, a tubing slide, attractions and a food court. In addition to entertainment, you can see the "Unconquered Nation" exhibition space, where Trypil dishes, ancient Cossack weapons, models of religious buildings of the world and other artifacts are exhibited.
The location is located: Holosiivskyi district, Akademika Glushkova avenue, 1
Working hours: from 10:00 to 21:00 until February 26
• Ice rink at the Ice Stadium. The location occupies an area of 6,000 square meters and is the largest in Ukraine.
Location: Holosiivskyi district, Akademika Glushkova avenue, 1
Working hours: from 10:00 to 21:00 until February 28
• Ice rink "Ice Christmas Magic". Immerse yourself in a fairytale atmosphere with a maze walk, a 14-meter Christmas tree, food courts and a large ice rink.
The location is in the Obolonsky District, Stepana Bandera Avenue, 36, Blockbuster shopping center
Working hours: 10:00-21:00
• Polar Express of the Kyiv Children's Railway. Thanks to the festive train, you will immerse yourself in the atmosphere of a Christmas miracle under the clatter of wheels.
Location: Shevchenkivskyi district, Syretsky Park, str. Parkovo-Syretska, 4
Works from December 17 to January 29.
• Exhibition "Let there be a holiday, light and warmth!". The exposition features a nativity scene that decorated the New Year's location in 2021, etchings, carvings and paintings by Ukrainian artists, as well as other works of art.
Location: Shevchenkivskyi district, Kyiv History Museum, str. Bohdan Khmelnytskyi, 7
Working hours: from 12:00 to 19:00 until January 8
Holiday locations in other cities of Ukraine are also marked on the map. In particular:
• The main Christmas tree of Kharkiv. This year, the New Year tree was placed at the "Universitet" metro station. Decorations, illuminations and even a house of St. Nicholas were brought there, where children and adults can drop letters with their wishes into the box. The location works according to the metro schedule.
• The main Christmas tree of Khmelnytskyi. The Christmas tree was installed in the center of the city and decorated with the flags of Ukraine, it was installed on a Russian S-300 missile, which seems to pierce the tree, symbolizing russia's brutal war against Ukraine.
Photo: Vasyl Kaminsky
• The main Christmas tree of Lviv. This year's Christmas tree, installed in the square in front of the Opera House, symbolizes the victory of good over evil. A stylized anti-tank hedgehog was attached to its top. The location will be closed from 17:00 to 22:00.
Photo: Valeriia Zimena
You can find out more about other New Year's locations in different regions of the country and their working hours on the map itself by clicking on the location that interests you.
We will remind you! According to a Deloitte company study, the majority of Ukrainians will keep the tradition of New Year's shopping and celebrate the coming holidays. Find out how many Ukrainians plan to go shopping and what they will buy in our article by following the link.
The long-awaited Eurovision 2023 "On behalf of Ukraine" will be held in Great Britain. Learn more about the Ukrainian band TVORCHI, which will represent Ukraine this year
18 Dec. 2022More details
In Ukraine, the program of free exchange of old incandescent lamps for new ones will soon start, which is being implemented thanks to grant support from the EU. Learn more about exchange terms
19 Dec. 2022More details
The 2022/2023 ski season is taking place in Ukraine under conditions of war. However, the winter resorts of the Carpathians and other regions of Ukraine are happy to welcome guests. Learn more about the resort's blackout schedule
19 Dec. 2022More details
The national symbol of Ukrainians, a talisman and a real work of art. Learn more about vyshyvanka, its role in the world of fashion and famous connoisseurs of Ukrainian culture
21 Dec. 2022More details
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.