Ukrainians in Switzerland: which mobile applications will facilitate their stay in the country
Ukrainians who have moved to Switzerland or found temporary shelter in the country may not be able to navigate the area. Learn more about which mobile applications on your smartphone will make your stay in the country easier
Since the beginning of the full-scale war, many Ukrainians decided to leave for Switzerland. At the end of last year, there were approximately 70,000 Ukrainian citizens in this country. However, not everyone knows that Switzerland is one of the most developed countries in Europe in the field of digitalization. In this regard, we tell you which mobile applications can facilitate the stay of foreigners in this country.
Switzerland has a number of popular apps to help you with food delivery, transportation, sightseeing, car rental and financial services.
What mobile applications will help during a visit to Switzerland?
• SwitzerlandMobility - an application with a map of the country, which displays regional routes, a network of pedestrian routes, transport and train stops tied to the schedule. Also, here you will find information about sights and useful places for tourists. Citymapper is another program that will help with transport in Switzerland.
• TooGoodToGo - app with cheap food. His idea is that at the end of the day, restaurants and other establishments throw away a lot of good food. The program offers cheap products/meals that cannot be left until the next day.
• Just Eat - a global online platform for food delivery. Similar apps: HelloFresh and Smood.
• Babbel is an assistant application for learning foreign languages. In it, you can use the Ukrainian language as the language of the application.
• ViaMichelin is a useful application for drivers. It provides the latest information about routes and trips. The program will also be useful for planning trips.
• N26 is an Internet bank that operates in many European countries, including Switzerland. It allows you to open an account, which is important for foreigners in this country.
• Comparis Property – assistant in searching for housing in Switzerland. A large platform that will be able to find you a house or apartment for any taste and price.
• PubliBike – app for renting electric scooters. A must for those who shun harmful car emissions.
• Play Suisse - a streaming platform and at the same time a search engine for the best Swiss films and series. This program will help a foreigner get to know the local culture better.
We will remind you! Switzerland continues to provide assistance to Ukrainians. The country's army provided additional housing for the refugees and military personnel for security. Read more about the conditions for obtaining housing in our material.
Remember! An insurance policy is a guarantee of your safety and peaceful stay outside of Ukraine. In order to protect yourself from troubles abroad and to be calm for yourself and your loved ones, Visit Ukraine recommends not to delay and take out insurance online.
1 minFor refugees
Italy continues to provide assistance to Ukrainian refugees who are currently in the country. In particular, here you can get a subsidy for the payment of kindergarten in the amount of about 3 thousand euros. Learn more about how to get paid
18 Jan. 2023More details
Remittances from Poland to Ukraine are one of the largest channels of currency inflow into the Ukrainian economy. Monobank has decided to help the country and our citizens facilitate the transfer of funds to the Motherland and is launching the Stereo by Mono project on the territory of Poland. Learn more about how the bank will work abroad and what will change for Ukrainians
19 Jan. 2023More details
To travel by public transport in Prague, you need to buy a ticket. Currently, there are several types of travel tickets in the Czech Republic. Find out where Ukrainians can buy a ticket for public transport in the country
19 Jan. 2023More details
Ukrainians who found refuge in Poland can count on financial assistance from the social insurance institution — ZUS. However, there are cases when the applicant receives a refusal to receive funds. Learn more about what to do in such a case and how to appeal the ZUS decision
20 Jan. 2023More details
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.