Gambling in Ukraine: the psychology of a poker player, budget revenues, and charity
There are many psychological factors that affect the results of professional poker players. Find out more about Ukrainian poker pros who have achieved great success and are helping the country
Some people think that it's easy to be a poker player, and the outcome of the game depends entirely on luck. This is a misleading stereotype. In fact, poker is not an easy game that requires mathematical, analytical, and psychological skills.
Psychology plays an important role in the process of becoming a professional player. People with weak endurance and the wrong approach to the game will not be able to achieve significant success. Therefore, it is important to understand the psychological factors that affect the results.
Psychology and poker: what is important to know
If you decide to seriously deal with such issues as live or online poker, it is important to first determine the basic aspects:
• Correct task setting. Many people are accustomed to the format of work, "completed an assignment - got paid". In poker, there is no such stability, and you need to look at the result over the long haul. You need to set long-term goals, not short-term ones. For example, to win $100 not in a day, but to finish the month with a result of +$100.
• Discipline. If a player can't control himself, he can't hope for decent results. You need to take your goals and objectives seriously and not rush to grow beyond the limits. For example, if your bankroll (financial cushion) allows you to participate in tournaments for -$5, you shouldn't register for expensive events.
• Hard work and fight against laziness. Online poker players know that it takes a lot of effort to achieve successful results. Nothing in life is easy, and this applies to poker as well.
• Tilt (depressed mood caused by losses). This phenomenon is most often found in people who get angry after a loss, try to win back, and eventually lose their entire bankroll. In such cases, it's better to take a break, rest, and calm down.
• Fear of losing. No one says that you need to rush headlong to conquer expensive events and fearlessly play for thousands of dollars. However, if a player is too nervous and afraid of losing, he or she risks making wrong decisions. Therefore, you need to play according to your bankroll so that the amounts at the table do not scare your wallet and psyche.
There are many other psychological problems: loss of concentration, low self-esteem, lack of confidence, etc. In any case, if you notice something like this in yourself, it is better to deal with it right away so that it does not affect the results in the future.
You can take an example from Ukrainian online poker professionals who are psychologically stable even during the war and continue to do their job. Their high-profile victories are also important in that they represent Ukraine in the international arena and help the Armed Forces.
Ukrainian poker players are our pride
In Ukraine, poker is officially recognized as a sport. Our country boasts serious professionals in this field who have won hundreds of thousands of dollars. In such a difficult time for the country, domestic players are actively helping the state.
For example, an online poker player with the nickname "Kostya_Jock" won 15 000 euros in a tournament. The Ukrainian didn't spend a single hryvnia of this prize on himself, but donated the entire amount to a charity fund. The poker player promised not to stop and continue to allocate funds from his future victories.
There is another example of a Ukrainian poker player who is not ashamed of himself. Eugene Katchalov went to Las Vegas to participate in the World Series of Poker. At the competition, Eugene won about $32 000 and donated a significant percentage of this amount to humanitarian aid for Ukrainians. In general, Katchalov is a personality known to everyone in the poker community. Throughout his professional career, Katchalov has won more than $9 000 000 in live tournaments. With his victories in the international arena, he loudly declared that people in Ukraine know how to play poker.
These are just a few examples of the significant assistance provided to Ukraine. In fact, there are many more such good deeds from Ukrainian poker players. Some of them prefer not to talk about themselves and donate to the Ukrainian Armed Forces without making public statements.
You may be interested in:
Visit Ukraine Donation - make a good deed and an important contribution to the Victory of Ukraine;
Visit Ukraine Tours - the largest online database of tours to Ukraine for every taste;
Visit Ukraine Merch - choose patriotic clothing and accessories with worldwide delivery;
Visit Ukraine News - get the latest news and updates in our Telegram channel;
Cooperation - cooperation and advertising integrations with Visit Ukraine and Visit World projects.
Who is eligible for a €60 discount on public transport in Italy? In this article, everything you need to know about the new Italian transport bonus for 2023
18 Apr. 2023More details
1 minFor refugees
The term of temporary protection for refugees from Ukraine in Poland is about to be extended. Read more about the new deadlines and updates for Ukrainians
Despite the war in Ukraine, businesses continue to operate actively and help the economy. However, today, in order to attract the attention of potential customers and increase sales, cases of speculation on the war have become more frequent. Here's how "patriotic" marketing is currently regulated
Unfortunately, the war in Ukraine continues. However, Ukrainians still find time for a well-deserved vacation. Not everyone can afford foreign tourism at the moment, but there are interesting vacation destinations in Ukraine. We will tell you more about them in this article
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.