Vacation in times of war: where to have a safe vacation in Ukraine
Are you planning a vacation in Ukraine? Great, because even in times of war, tourism in Ukraine continues to function. Find out more about where you can safely relax your body and soul without traveling abroad
Ukraine has many places for summer vacation, the beauty of which is breathtaking. Unfortunately, due to the war, the most popular Ukrainian summer resorts are currently inaccessible. In this article, we have collected the best places for summer vacations in Ukraine in 2023.
Swimming pools are an alternative to seaside vacations
For the second summer in a row, resorts on the Black and Azov Seas have remained inaccessible to tourists due to the war.
Resorts in the Zaporizhzhia region remain under occupation, while in the Mykolaiv region there is still a danger due to the close front line. Seaside recreation in Odesa region also remains dangerous, as Odesa region is still suffering from enemy missile attacks, and the coastlines of beaches remain mined to prevent enemy landings.
Despite all the nuances, there are still places in Odesa where you can safely relax in the summer. These are hotels with their own swimming pools and recreation areas. You can relax on the sun loungers, swim in the pools, and enjoy cooling summer drinks. Some of the city's water parks also remain open.
The Carpathians are a true miracle of Ukraine
Despite the war, the Carpathians remain a place where Ukrainians can relax their bodies and minds. The picturesque mountain resorts surrounded by dense Carpathian forests, tumultuous waterfalls and majestic mountains will not leave anyone indifferent.
The most popular resorts in the Carpathians with well-developed services are Bukovel, Yaremche, and Dragobrat. Those who still dream of a summer tan and water recreation can choose hotel complexes in Bukovel with swimming pools and recreation areas.
Small Carpathian villages such as Vorokhta, Tatariv, Kvasy, and others are perfect for those who prefer a more secluded vacation.
A summer vacation in the Carpathians is a great opportunity to climb the majestic mountains and enjoy the picturesque scenery. Horseback riding, cycling, and quad biking are also popular. Many interesting excursions are organized for tourists in the Carpathians to suit every taste.
Vacations on the lakes
There are numerous lakes on the territory of our homeland, where vacationing is no worse than vacationing at sea.
The Shatsk Lakes in the Volyn region have always attracted tourists with their grandeur and unique beauty. The largest of the Shatsk lakes are Svityaz and Pisochne. Svityaz is considered the largest resort lake in Ukraine.
Another wonder of Ukraine is the White Lake in the village of Rudka in the Rivne region. There is a recreation center not far from the lake, but those who prefer a more extreme vacation can pitch their tents on the shore.
Thermal waters - relaxation for the soul
Thermal waters are another alternative to a seaside vacation. Fortunately, there are several locations in Ukraine where Ukrainians can relax in thermal waters. Solotvyno, Berehove, Kosyno, or the thermal vats in the village of Lushmory are all great options for summer recreation and wellness in Ukraine.
Visit Ukraine on social media: Telegram | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | TikTok
The safest and most popular cities among tourists in Ukraine are those in the west of the country.
• Lviv. A legendary Ukrainian city with a long history. Walking along the majestic streets with a cup of real Lviv coffee - what could be better?
• Kamianets-Podilskyi. Another pearl of western Ukraine that attracts tourists with its incredible beauty and ancient history.
• Chernivtsi. One of the most favorite cities for Ukrainian tourists. Here you can visit many interesting excursions and enjoy Bukovinian cuisine.
• Ternopil. A beautiful city in Ukraine that fascinates with its beauty. There is a huge artificial lake in the very center of Ternopil.
• Ivano-Frankivsk. Another popular city among tourists. There are many incredible locations in Ivano-Frankivsk that fascinate with their beauty.
Ukraine has many interesting sights, special landscapes, and delicious dishes that can surprise even the most demanding tourists.
You can find the most interesting tour on Visit Ukraine's website, which contains more than 200 different tours of Ukraine's safe regions. An extensive database of routes, both individual and group, will make you fall in love with every corner of the country.
Don't forget about safety
Due to the war, it is important to keep safety in mind when planning your travels. The State Agency for Tourism Development in Ukraine recommends:
- Gather information about the place you are planning to visit. Check with the military administration whether it is safe to go on vacation in the chosen destination;
- Find out about the availability of shelters;
- Clarify the working hours of locations under martial law;
- When planning a trip, take into account the curfew, during which it is forbidden to be on the streets of the country.
Due to martial law, certain prohibitions are in effect in all regions of Ukraine. Namely:
- In Kyiv and the region, it is forbidden to visit forests and forest areas;
- In the Cherkasy region, water recreation is allowed, but only in places where the military administration has issued a permit;
- In Poltava region, there is a ban on visiting forests. Swimming in rivers is allowed;
- In Zhytomyr region, it is allowed to visit some forests, except for those close to the border with Belarus;
- In Vinnytsia region, there is a ban on visiting forests;
- In the Volyn region, it is strictly forbidden to visit forests, as the region borders on Belarus;
- In Rivne region, some forests are allowed;
- In the Lviv region, it is allowed to walk in the forest, but there is a ban on entering the forest by vehicle;
- In Zakarpattia, it is allowed to visit forests, but with the exception of the border areas of the Uzhansky National Park and the Carpathian Biosphere Reserve;
- In Ivano-Frankivsk region, it is allowed to visit mountains and forests, but in Bukovel, there is a ban on riding jeeps, ATVs, buggies, and motorcycles in the forest;
- In Ternopil, Chernivtsi, and Khmelnytsky regions, tourist facilities remain open, tourists are allowed to visit forests, but campfires are still prohibited.
We remind you! Earlier, we talked about incredible places in Ukraine where you should go to recuperate. Read all about the best places for relaxation and recreation here.
We recommend purchasing it for a safe and comfortable trip to Ukraine:
Visit Ukraine Insurance - safe travel in Ukraine (insurance covering military risks);
Visit Ukraine Tickets - book bus and train tickets to/from Ukraine;
Visit Ukraine Tours - the largest online database of tours to Ukraine for every taste;
Visit Ukraine Hotels - book hotels for a comfortable stay in Ukraine;
Visit Ukraine Merch - choose patriotic clothing and accessories with worldwide delivery.
Cooperation - cooperation and advertising integrations with Visit Ukraine and Visit World projects.
How is Ukraine covered in different European media?
European media outlets have different approaches to covering the events in Ukraine, and some media outlets have clear traces of russian propaganda. Find out more about the mood in the European information space and who is most susceptible to the narratives promoted by russia
22 May. 2023More details
Public transport in Europe: how to move around the European Union favorably
A large number of travelers are already booking vacations in different parts of the world, but European countries are leading the way. Find out how to get around some EU countries conveniently and on a budget using public transport
22 May. 2023More details
3 minWay to Victory
Before and after. What do the houses destroyed by the russians in Ukrainian cities look like today?
Despite the ongoing war, Ukraine is already beginning to rebuild infrastructure in cities that were brutally destroyed by russian invaders. Find out what the rebuilt residential buildings in the capital and many other cities look like today
23 May. 2023More details
Ukrainian cuisine: traditional foods and dishes that foreigners should try
Traditional Ukrainian cuisine is among the most delicious in the world. Learn more about the favorite dishes of the Ukrainian people and what you should definitely try while in Ukraine
23 May. 2023More details
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.