Rules for importing animals abroad have changed for Ukrainians: updated requirements
Updated rules for importing pets abroad have come into force for Ukrainian citizens. These changes concern the conditions and requirements that must be met when planning trips with your beloved pets. Learn more about the updated rules regarding international health certificates and other important details
On December 1, the conditions for Ukrainians traveling abroad with pets changed. In particular, the updated rules apply to those planning to visit Moldova.
According to a post by the Main Department of the State Service of Ukraine for Food Safety and Consumer Protection in Odesa Oblast on its Facebook page, the simplified conditions are now canceled.
Updated rules for exporting animals from Ukraine
New requirements for the import of pets into the territory of Moldova include:
• Identification of the animal with a microchip and rabies vaccination (with an active vaccine).
• A serological titer for rabies and a three-month waiting period between the dates of blood sampling and the issuance of the international certificate.
• International health certificate issued on the basis of a veterinary certificate.
The list of veterinary hospitals authorized to issue veterinary certificates of Form No. 1 for non-commercial transportation of pets is available here.
In Kyiv, these procedures can be completed at the following addresses:
• 12 Volynska St.
• 5-B Zhmerinska St.
• 2 Saltykova-Shchedrina St.
To obtain an international health certificate, you should contact the border inspection control departments of the State Border Control Department of the State Service of Ukraine on Food Safety and Consumer Protection. Find the addresses here.
How to cross the border with a pet: everything you need to know
1. Before traveling, check the requirements of the destination country on the official web portal of the State Service of Ukraine on Food Safety and Consumer Protection in the section "Requirements for non-commercial transportation".
2. Contact a veterinarian for chipping, rabies vaccination (minimum age - 12 weeks) and obtaining a veterinary and sanitary passport for animals at a state veterinary hospital.
3. Within 30 days after vaccination and three months before transportation, take a blood sample to determine the titer of anti-rabies antibodies, which is sent to an accredited laboratory for testing.
4. Visit a veterinarian for antiparasitic treatment, if required by the destination country, and obtain an F-1 veterinary certificate from a state veterinary hospital.
5. Obtain an international veterinary certificate. In case of traveling by rail, contact the territorial bodies of the State Service of Ukraine on Food Safety and Consumer Protection, and for road transport - the territorial bodies or state veterinary inspector at checkpoints. Check the working hours in advance.
We remind you! Earlier, we wrote that the Swiss authorities are canceling the simplified rules for moving pets from Ukraine. From now on, the conditions will meet the general criteria of EU legislation. Learn more about the new rules.
Want to know more? Read the latest news and useful materials about Ukraine and the world in the News section.
Our recommendation for a safe and comfortable trip:
Visit Ukraine Insurance - insurance for a safe stay abroad without unnecessary expenses;
Green Card - compulsory car insurance for traveling abroad;
Visit Ukraine Tickets - book tickets for buses, trains, and airplanes to/from Ukraine and between cities around the world;
Private Lawyer service - professional legal support on visa and migration issues;
Visit Ukraine Merch - buy patriotic clothing and accessories with worldwide delivery.
© 2018-2023, Visit Ukraine. Use, copying or reprinting of materials on this site is permitted only with a link (hyperlink for online publications) to Visit Ukraine.
All rights reserved.
Winter fines in Poland apply not only to driving rules, but also to warming up the engine and clearing the car of snow. Find out more about the current restrictions and how much the fines have increased compared to last year
03 Dec. 2023More details
1 minCost of living
Renting a home in Ukraine during the war has become almost a luxury for Ukrainians. Find out what percentage of the average Ukrainian's salary is spent on rent in the largest cities of Ukraine and where it is most profitable to live
Winter vacations in Ukraine offer a unique atmosphere of Christmas and New Year holidays and family comfort. A trip to the ski resorts of the Carpathians is a traditional choice for many travelers. However, there are other exciting locations in Ukraine. Find out more about where to spend a weekend and how much a winter vacation costs
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.