Humanitarian flights for Ukrainians will depart from Warsaw to Spain and Argentina
Solidaire and Open Arms are organizing humanitarian flights from Warsaw to Spain and Argentina for Ukrainians affected by the war. These organizations are accountable to the Spanish government and have already rescued 1,200 migrants from Ukraine.
Flights depart from Warsaw on May 5 to Spain (Madrid or Barcelona) and on May 6 to Argentina.
To take humanitarian flights, you need to:
- be a citizen of Ukraine or have a place of residence in Ukraine
- have a passport, identity card or birth certificate
- be in Warsaw the day before the flight
- minors can travel accompanied by immediate relatives and / or with parental permission. Unaccompanied minors cannot take the flights
You can apply for a flight by following the link. After submitting the application, those interested will receive all information about the flight and logistics to Spain.
For travelers to Spain:
- The flight can depart to Barcelona or Madrid.
- Family or friends should meet you at the airport. If they cannot pick you up on the day of your flight's arrival, you might be offered a one-night stay through the Red Cross.
- Moving from Barcelona or Madrid to the destination of family or friends, who greet you, will be at your own expense.
- The rest of the people who travel and have no relatives / friends in Spain, after arriving at the airport in Barcelona or Madrid, will be greeted by the Spanish Red Cross. The Red Cross is the main institution selected by the Spanish government through the Ministry of Inclusion to accept and accompany people arriving in Spain from Ukraine with EU protection status.
It is very important: under this program of the Ministry of Inclusion, people who come to Spain can be relocated to any other city in Spain, depending on the availability of housing and other conditions. The Red Cross provides accommodation, food, education for children, legal procedures and response to any health problems that may arise.
For travelers to Argentina:
The flight to Argentina arrives in the city of Buenos Aires and is designed mainly for those people who have relatives or friends welcoming them in this country. For those who are not in this situation, there are also several options for temporary shelter.
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.