Come back

2 min

03 Jun. 2022


Ukrainians in Canada will be able to receive 3 thousand dollars of assistance: instruction on how to do it

For refugees


Ukrainians in Canada will be able to receive 3 thousand dollars of assistance: instruction on how to do it

You can support our activities and become Ukraine's ambassador

The Canadian government will pay one-time financial assistance to Ukrainian refugees: 3,000 Canadian dollars for each adult and 1,500 dollars for each child under 17.

You can apply for help if you:

• are in Canada

• your entry has been approved under the CUAET program

• you have a Canadian bank account

How to apply for the payment?

The procedure for obtaining financial assistance consists of two stages - opening a bank account and submitting an application.

Opening a bank account is necessary because the payment will be made directly there. To open a bank account, you need a passport and a document of temporary residence status - IMM1442. This document is considered to be a visitor record document or a study permit or a work permit. In the case of Ukrainians, this may be a work permit issued at the airport upon arrival. The IMM1442 document must contain a mark that you are in Canada under CUAET.

When applying for financial aid, you will need to provide your account number, branch transit number and institution number. Learn more about how to open a bank account in Canada here. Most banks will require you to have a SIN social insurance number. You can get the SIN by following the link.

After opening a bank account, you can apply. Along with personal data, you will need to enter:

• unique client identifier (UCI) - an eight- or ten-digit number affixed to a visa, work permit or study permit

• document number IMM1442

Check your personal and banking information before applying. For adults: Your name on IMM1442 must match your bank account name. For children: The name of the bank account will be the name of a parent or legal guardian in Canada.

You can apply by pressing Apply online now button at the link.

After submitting the application, you will receive a confirmation on the screen that the transfer is successful, and a confirmation number. Save this number for later.

The transfer of funds will take up to 5 working days. It may take another 3-5 days for your account to be credited. Funds for children will go to parents' accounts.

If you need help, you can call the 1-833-760-1162 hotline Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., North American Eastern Time. There are translators into Ukrainian and Russian.

Earlier we reported on which federal benefits Ukrainians can receive in the United States.