Financial assistance to Ukrainians in Poland: 710 zł from the Red Cross
The Polish Red Cross Humanitarian Aid Program offers financial assistance to Ukrainian refugees staying in Poland. The amount of assistance is up to 710 zlotys per person and is paid within four months.
Financial aid is available to people who:
- left Ukraine because of the conflict, AND
- are located in Poland, AND
- belong to one of these categories:
• A family headed by one person with at least one child under the age of 18 or an elderly person over the age of 50. The head of the family is considered to be the person who makes the decision and is the main contact person in the family;
• A family headed by an elderly person over 50 years of age;
• Family with two or more dependents (unemployed) under 18 and over 50;
• Family with one or more persons with disabilities.
You will not be entitled to assistance from the Red Cross if you have already received financial assistance from other humanitarian organizations.
The amount of assistance for Ukrainian refugees is 710 zlotys per head of the family and 610 zlotys for each additional family member (up to five people).
One family member must apply to benefit from the assistance program. Each family member needs a state-issued ID to receive the appropriate amount. When applying, you must:
• Collect your government documents and the documents of your family members to apply;
• Have access to a smartphone;
• Download applications for communication and messaging (it is recommended to have at least two channels of communication with you - Whatsapp. Viber, SMS, e-mail).
You must also have the following identity documents:
- Foreign passport of a citizen of Ukraine;
- ID card of a citizen of Ukraine;
- Internal passport of a citizen of Ukraine;
- Foreign passport of a foreigner with a residence permit;
- Birth certificates (for children and adolescents).
To apply, you need to download a special application from the Red Cross and follow the instructions in it. The application is available for iOS and Android. If the application is approved, you will receive a notification on Viber or Whatsapp on how to get assistance. The application is processed for at least 2 weeks.
Once the application is approved, you will be able to choose how to receive the funds. If you have an account with PrivatBank, Monobank, Oschadbank or A-Bank:
• You can quickly get money through the mobile application of your bank;
If you don't have your bank's mobile app, download it to your phone. Detailed instructions on how to get money through the applications of Ukrainian banks are available here.
• If you want to receive cash assistance, you need to visit any MoneyGram branch. You need to talk to the agent and give him the MoneyGram code. MoneyGram accepts the following government ID documents for cash withdrawals:
1. Foreign passport of a citizen of Ukraine;
2. ID card of a citizen of Ukraine;
3. Driver's license of Ukraine;
4. Document on temporary protection issued in Poland.
Assistance is currently being provided in Łódz, but the program is expected to be extended to other cities in Poland.
More detailed information on receiving financial aid is available on the website or by phone +48 800 088 136 (free of charge within Poland).
UPD: from July 2022, the program has continued to operate in the city of Bydgoszcz.
1 minFor refugees
1 minFor refugees
1 minFor refugees
2 minFor refugees
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.