Germany simplifies entry for Ukrainian citizens: new border crossing rules
Ukraine has been excluded from the list of countries with a high risk of coronavirus infection for Germany. This means that entry for tourism purposes is allowed for all Ukrainians, regardless of their vaccination status.
Ukraine has been on the list of high-risk countries for Germany since October 10, 2021. Entry was allowed in case of urgent need or with a certificate of full vaccination against COVID-19. In this case, before arriving in Germany, you must register on a special website.
Those who were eligible to enter Germany, but were not fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, had to serve a 10-day quarantine.
From January 9, tourists from Ukraine can present a negative test for coronavirus or a certificate of a complete course of vaccination or a certificate of recent recovery.
- Covid vaccination certificate. For vaccinated citizens, only vaccinations with recognized vaccines will be considered valid: BioNTech / Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Covishield, Nuvaxovid (Novavax) and Johnson & Johnson. From the moment of the last dose of the vaccine, at least 14 days must pass (the day of vaccination is considered zero); or
- A negative result of a PCR test taken no earlier than 48 hours before departure, or a rapid antigen test taken no earlier than 48 hours before arrival; or
- Proof of preliminary infection with the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus in the form of a COVID certificate - in the Action application. Proof of recovery is accepted if testing was performed at least 28 days and no more than six months before the border crossing.
General rules for entering Germany
For visa-free travel to Germany, you must have:
- biometric passport, which expires no earlier than three months before leaving the country;
- money at the rate of 45-50 euros per day per person;
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.