Travel insurance: what to look for when applying a policy
Insurance is an essential item that you need to take with you on your trip. What should the future insured pay attention to when choosing an insurance company and signing a travel insurance policy? This question is one of the most common and we will help you figure it out.
How to buy reliable insurance
Before buying a policy, you must familiarize yourself with its terms and conditions. Pay attention to the following parameters:
• What is the sum insured (insurance coverage) of the policy;
• Territory of coverage;
• The presence or absence of a franchise;
• Does the insurance cover active sports? For example, if you are going skiing, you need to take into account the specific Extreme Vacation option;
• What is the assistance company and does it work around the clock;
• Where are the means of communication indicated for contacting the assistance company in the event of an insured event. Does the policy have direct phone numbers in the country where the tourist is traveling, is it possible to contact the assistance using instant messengers (Viber, WhatsApp, Telegram) or e-mail;
• Is there a representative office in the country where you are going;
• Financial stability of the insurance company;
• Reviews about the insurance company;
• The company's experience in the market.
Also, be sure to read the entire text of the agreement and read the list of exceptions.
What risks does the insurance cover?
Travel insurance can cover almost all risks. Every insurance company has different travel insurance products for every occasion. From a minimum policy that provides only emergency assistance - hospital and an ambulance call, to policies that cover extreme types of recreation.
There is also insurance for those who prefer passive relaxation, for example, on the beach, near the bar. This policy includes an option that covers even cases related to alcohol intoxication.
The greatest demand is for a policy with covid coverage, which provides for all possible risks associated with coronavirus – diagnosis, treatment, observation costs.
Therefore, it is impossible to say what exactly does not cover travel insurance. After all, it all depends on the purpose of the trip and the type of insurance policy chosen.
When planning a trip abroad, do not forget about taking out an insurance policy – a guarantee of your peace of mind in any unforeseen situation.
You can get an insurance policy online in a few minutes to enter Ukraine and travel abroad on our portal VisitUkraine.Today. Only verified and certified insurance companies with experience, insurance claims guarantee and round-the-clock customer service.
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.