Come back

2 min

17 Aug. 2022


Financial assistance for Ukrainian refugees in Sweden

For refugees
For refugees


Financial assistance for Ukrainian refugees in Sweden

Help our volunteers who support Ukraine and all foreigners in the country 24/7

Ukrainians in Sweden can receive two types of financial assistance: per diem or targeted assistance. However, benefits are not available to all refugees. Support is provided only to those people who do not have their own funds. It is a crime to receive benefits and earn money at the same time. Money is spent on food, clothing and personal expenses.

Types of assistance

Daily allowance is the money that a person spends on his daily needs: food, medical care, clothes and shoes, hygiene products, medicine, dental services, leisure and other. The amount of the daily allowance depends on where the applicant lives:

Dormitory of the Migration Service with meals (amount per day)

• 24 crowns for one adult;

• 19 crowns for each adult, if there is more than one person in the family;

• 12 crowns for children.

Accommodation without meals (amount per day)

• 71 crowns for one adult;

• 61 crowns for each adult, if there is more than one person in the family;

• 37 crowns for children under the age of 3;

• 43 crowns – children from 4 to 10 years old;

• 50 crowns for children from 11 to 17 years old.

If there are more than two children in the family, then for the two older children, daily allowances are provided in full, and for all the younger ones - 50% of the established amount.

Targeted assistance is paid in the event that the applicant has an urgent need for something that is not covered by daily payments, for example, to make glasses, buy winter clothes or a baby carriage. You need to prove that the need is urgent and that you are unable to pay on your own.

The migration service will conduct an individual analysis of needs. If approved, payment will be made for the cheapest option necessary to meet your need.

Refugees who move to areas with social and economic problems lose their right to targeted assistance. This list is defined and approved by the Migration Service.

Importantly! The Migration Service must be notified immediately of a change in your place of residence or financial status, as these factors directly affect the payment of support.


 How to get the assistance?

The request for funding must be submitted to the Migration Service in person or sent by mail. Payments begin to accrue from the day you apply for assistance. You also need to apply for protection under the Temporary Protection Directive beforehand. At the same time, the applicant can receive two types of assistance, depending on the situation. The Migration Service considers each request separately.

Payments will be transferred to a special account, a corresponding bank card will be issued by the Migration Service.

The Migration Service will inform about its decision to provide financial assistance through the administrator of the reception office or by mail. The decision will be sent by regular mail to your residential address. The next day, the service will send another email with information about the decision letter. In this way, the Migration Service will consider that you have read the decision. Therefore, be sure to check your mail after applying. Two weeks are given for review from the day of sending the letter, three weeks for appeal.

To take care of your health in any EU country, we recommend purchasing a health insurance policy at the most favorable conditions.