Education in Ukraine: a reminder for international students
Ukrainian universities are regaining their position and gaining popularity among international students. In 2020, there were more than 100,000 students studying in Ukraine, and that number seems to be growing.
Are you an international student and considering one of the Ukrainian universities? On the website of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, you can choose a study program, fill out an application form, apply for a student visa and prepare to travel to Ukraine for further study and practice.
Popular field of study
Medicine is the most popular field of study among international students in Ukraine. For all these medical specialties over 50% of international students come to Ukraine.
Economics: finance, business and management. The second most attractive group of specialties that are offered at many Ukrainian universities for foreign students.
Construction and Engineering is the third most popular field of study.
Also pay attention to International Relations and Law - subjects for those who aspire to become future leaders of states.
In addition to traditional studies, foreign students pay attention to Ukrainian art schools. Every year Ukraine is becoming more and more popular due to its distinctive history of fine and applied arts.
What advantages are open to foreign students in Ukraine?
A number of advantages will encourage you to study in Ukraine:
• A choice of more than 800 specialties offered by 197 universities licensed to educate foreigners.
• A diverse choice of languages of study: Ukrainian, English or Russian.
• Internationally recognized degrees (WHO, UNESCO, PLAB, USMLE, EU Council, etc.).
• No need to take iELTS or TOEFL exams.
• Ability to obtain a double degree (from Ukraine and one of the Schengen countries)
• Possibility to continue studies after Ukraine at an EU, US or UK university and vice versa.
• 100% visa guarantee for eligible applicants.
• Inviting professors from USA, Canada, UK, EU who will enrich students' experience.
• Opportunity to participate in seminars, colloquia, project work in other European cities.
• Extensive university infrastructure: libraries, dormitories, sports centers, etc.
• Use of modern technologies in educational process.
• Ukrainian higher education is focused on the most promising sectors.
• Textbooks are provided by the university library, so there is no additional cost.
Opportunities that Ukraine opens up for international students:
1. European standard of living.
2. Reasonable cost of living.
3. Modern system of insurance and medical service.
4. Unlimited Internet access everywhere.
5. Excellent mobile communication.
6. Moderate climate.
7. Fares are reduced by up to 50% for students.
8. Chance to stay or permanently reside in Europe after graduation.
What steps do I need to take to study in Ukraine?
To study in Ukraine you need to have a bachelor's degree or equivalent diploma and the consent of the institution of higher education in Ukraine, which must issue an invitation on behalf of the student.
Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine deals with the admission procedure for foreign students in Ukraine, provides comprehensive support and accompaniment. For consultations, please call hotline +38 067 402 63 61 (WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram) or e-mail: [email protected].
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.