Come back

1 min

10 Sep. 2022


Receiving and extending temporary protection status in France: where to apply

For refugees


Receiving and extending temporary protection status in France: where to apply

Help our volunteers who support Ukraine and all foreigners in the country 24/7

Ukrainians who found asylum in France can apply for temporary protection status. This can be done in a special center without prior appointment. However, this status must be renewed at another institution.

Where to get temporary protection status for the first time? 

Address of the center: Paris Event Center 20, Avenue de la Porte de la Villette – 75019 Paris

Please pay attention to the fact that previously temporary protection had to be issued at a different address.

How to renew temporary protection?

Temporary protection status is granted in France for six months. After the expiration date, it must be extended at the reception center for foreigners in Paris or at the prefecture at the place of residence, if the Ukrainian lives in another city in France.

Address in Paris: Center de Réception des Etrangers (CRE) 42, Rue Charcot – 75013 Paris. The center is open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

No prior appointment is required, but in case of many visitors, a staff member may ask you to come on another day.

When to apply for renewal of status?

You need to come to the CRE center no earlier than three weeks and no later than three days before the status expires.

Necessary documents for obtaining and renewing the status of temporary protection

While planning a visit to the center, be sure to prepare the following documents:

• 2 photos 3.5x4.5 cm;

• Hard copy of your passport;

• Confirmation of the address where you live.

Please note! If you are hosted by an individual, you must provide the following documents:

• A letter confirming the fact of residence from the homeowner;

• Passport of a French citizen or other proof of legal residence in the country;

• Receipt for rent or utility services payment, dated no more than three months.

More information can be found on the French Ministry of the Interior website.