Hungary reduces the number of free trains for Ukrainian refugees
Since September 15, Hungary has limited the number of railway routes that Ukrainian refugees can use free of charge. This was reported by the website of the Hungarian Railways mavcsoport.
It is still possible to use the "Solidarity" ticket for free travel in second-class carriages. Stations at which this document is issued are listed in a special list at the link.
The portal of the Hungarian Railways explained that we are talking about trips from border points to the central part of the country, as well as transit routes to European countries.
For persons with the status of a Ukrainian refugee or temporary protection, the following routes are free:
• Zahon - Niredkhaza;
• from Hydashnemeta/Nirabrany/Biharkerestes/Lekeskhaza - to the stations Budapest-Keleti/Budapest-Nyugati/Kebanya-Kishpest/Zuglo/Budapest-Kehlenfjöld/Hedjeshalom/Cob
• from Budapest-Keleti/Budapest-Niugati/Budapest-Deli/Kebanya-Kishpest/Budapest-Kehlenfjöld stations - to Hedyeshalom/Cob stations
At the same time, it is impossible to use such a "Solidarity" ticket to travel between stations within Budapest.
You can get tickets for free railway travel:
• at the stops listed above at railway ticket offices, as well as in Budapest on routes to stations on the border of Hungary;
• directly on trains entering Hungary, subject to presentation of an identity card.
There are also benefits and discounts of various sizes for other trips for Ukrainians:
• 100% discount for refugees and for persons with the status of temporary protection (as well as those who have just applied for the status);
• 100% - for children under the age of 6 accompanied by adults;
• 50% - for children from 6 to 14 years old;
• 33% - persons under the age of 26;
• 33% - for people with their own children (1 or 2 children);
• 90% - discount for families with 3 or more children.
Attention! The reduced price does not apply to foreign travel. In all other cases, the trip must be paid at the standard rate.
You can buy tickets online in the MAV application.
1 minFor refugees
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.