From October 1, free travel for Ukrainians will be canceled in Vienna
Upd: The city of Vienna extended the free use of Wiener Linien public transport (metro, buses, trams, city railway) for Ukrainians until the end of October.
Transport in Vienna for Ukrainian refugees will be paid from October 1. The changes concern public and railway transport.
New rules for traveling by railway
From October 1, movement by Austrian rail transport (ÖBB) becomes paid for Ukrainians who are already in Austria. Free travel remains for first entry into Austria or transit within 24 hours.
It is possible to choose a ticket for the desired direction online on the railway website.
Types of tickets in Vienna
One-time ticket. After ticket validation, you can make one trip of any length in one direction. You can make transfers, but you cannot interrupt your journey. The ticket price is 2.40 euros.
Tickets for a certain period. You can choose the period of validity of the ticket you need: from 1 day to a month.
• The cost of a day ticket is EUR 5.80. This ticket is valid on any transport in Vienna;
• A weekly ticket costs 17.10 euros. Use public transport an unlimited number of times;
• Travel pass for a month. Choose the date from which the ticket will be valid and use the travel pass for 31 days. Price from 18 euros;
• "Climate ticket". The ticket is valid for 8 days, which may not be consecutive. If you validate this ticket, you can travel as much as you want on public transport in Vienna until 1 am the next day. Price – 40.80 euros;
• Student ticket. Ticket for all students under the age of 26. Travel around Vienna around the clock for five months. Price from 75 euros.
Children under 6 do not need a ticket.
For dogs, a discounted one-time ticket is required. The price of the annual ticket includes free passage of a dog and a bicycle.
It is not necessary to present tickets in public transport. Compost single-use tickets at the entrance to the metro or directly on the tram or bus. Remember, random checks are carried out on public transport.
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.