How to buy a discounted travel pass in Germany: step-by-step instructions
Ukrainians living in Germany and receiving assistance from the Jobcenter or Sozialamt can purchase a travel ticket at a reduced rate. This ticket is called a social ticket and is valid in many federal states.
How to buy a travel pass?
1. Contact the Jobcenter or Sozialamt. Be sure to prepare your passport and personal number. In these institutions, you receive a document confirming the right to purchase a social ticket. Please note that in some localities you should contact the Landratsamt instead of the mentioned institutions;
2. Find a ticket machine. Select Sozialticket (social ticket) and pay for it;
3. In addition to the machines, it is possible to purchase a ticket at the railway service center. We emphasize that you need to show the report on the calculation of financial assistance by the employment center.
You can buy a discounted travel pass for a week or a month and choose the territory of its validity - for trips only within your city or including neighboring settlements. By the way, the price of a discount ticket for Ukrainians in Berlin with a Berliner Pass is €28.50.
Travel passes for schoolchildren
The approach to discounted travel for schoolchildren in Germany depends on local rules. For example, a pupil can receive financial compensation for purchasing a travel card from the Jobcenter.
Deutsche Bahn, the German railway, offers special children's tickets. If the school where the child studies is located 2-3 km from his home, the pupil can get a Schulcard - a special ticket with a photo of the child and a special stamp.
Ways to save on commute in Germany
If you often use public transport, pay attention to the monthly pass. This ticket is valid for any transport within the selected zone. It is sold at DB ticket offices or on the Deutsche Bahn website. Its price depends on several factors:
2. Number of tariff zones crossed by the route;
3. Duration of trips (with or without restrictions during peak hours);
4. Number of transport types;
5. Term of validity.
Pensioners, schoolchildren, and students can use special offers and save on transportation. Search for Schüler-Fahrkarte, Fahrkarte für Studierenden, Senioren-Karte.
In addition to the described offers, there is a weekend group ticket. A group of up to 5 people can use transport throughout the country an unlimited number of times. The price is upwards of €14 per passenger. The group can include up to three children aged 6-15, who can travel for free.
You can find a lucrative offer in your city by typing "nahverkehr + city name" in the search engine.
2 minFor refugees
3 minFor refugees
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.