About this tour
Hike to Khomyak Mountain
Please coordinate dates before booking!
Khomyak Mountain lies within the southeastern part of Gorgan above the village of Tatariv, which is on the territory of the Yaremchan City Council of the Ivano-Frankivsk Region. The top of Khomyak is one of the most popular locations among the "weekend" tours. Its height is 1542 m.
The mountain owes its name to the peak, the shape of which resembles the back of an alpine hamster. The very top of Mount Khomyak is completely covered with stones. The middle part is mainly made up of coniferous forests and pine forests. At the foot of the mountain is surrounded by mixed forests.
Climbing to the top does not require special training. Even elderly people and small children have the opportunity to conquer the peak in the spring-autumn period. Also, the route is ideal for safe hikes for beginners in winter hiking.
The road that lies through the magical Carpathian forest to the top will offer you breathtaking views of the surrounding area. From the top of the mountain, there is an incredible view of the Chornohirsky ridge - the highest mountain massif in Ukraine.
A hike to Khomyak is a leisurely walk along a forest serpentine. The forest path will occasionally be interrupted by mountain streams and stones that have long been overgrown with moss. In this way, the path leads to the Khomyaki meadow - a high mountain pasture. On this meadow, there are several kolybs. In the summer, Hutsuls cook cheese (budz) there and willingly sell it to tourists. You can also just take a walk here, take a photo as a memory and admire the views of the valley and the ancient mountains.
- for an individual tour - 2210 UAH;
- for a group of 2–10 people - 1900 UAH per person.
*To order a tour in English, select the option Excursion in English when ordering.
The price of the tour includes:
Additionally, you can purchase travel insurance on our website.
The price of the tour does not include and is paid additionally:
- transfer to the starting point (1500 UAH for groups of 1-3 people; 500 UAH per person for groups of 4 or more people)
- food (individually)
1. At 08:00 the group gathers at the central station of the city of Yaremche, or at the place of residence (Yaremche). From here we go by bus/car to the starting point of the hiking trip - village Tatars.
2. The length of the route is 15 km in both directions.
3. The duration of the transition is approximately 7 hours.
4. The difficulty is easy.
5. The tourist route is designed for an average group of physically healthy people.
6. Participation in the hike does not require prior training or experience.
7. It is strictly forbidden to drink alcohol during the ascent and descent.
What to take with you on a trip?
1. Identity document: passport/driver's license.
2. Comfortable waterproof shoes (preferably mountain trekking boots with high lacing and a "vibram" type protector).
3. A windproof jacket with a hood, preferably waterproof, windproof pants that do not hinder movement, a warm sweater or a "fleece" type jacket, headgear (hat, bandana), raincoat.
4. Spare set of clothes.
5. A capacious, preferably light backpack
7. Food: you can take high-calorie foods, such as nuts, dried fruits, dates, raisins, dark chocolate.
8. Individual first-aid kits (necessary medicines that you use).
The tour is conducted in Ukrainian! To book a tour in English - select the additional service "Tour in English" when booking.
5 reasons to choose tour
They will not only guide you along the route from start to finish, but also tell interesting stories and legends
You can climb Khomyak in 1 day, but it is very easy to choose only 1 day off and conquer the mountain in such a short time
From this peak, you will see incredible landscapes, including Hoverla
This peak can be conquered even by beginners, it can be your first serious achievement in hiking
Physical activity + clean air + spring water + altitude = reserve of health for months ahead
What is included?
Recreational collection in nature reserves
*From each purchased tour, we transfer 10% to the Ukrainian Refugee Support Fund. All profits from press tours are transferred to the reconstruction of Ukraine.
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.