How to extend the validity of a foreign passport during wartime: the government made changes in October
❗️The possibility of extending the validity of foreign passports and entering information about children in diplomatic/consular institutions of Ukraine, regardless of the situation, was restored on November 1, 2022.
These services will be provided free of charge within one working day.
The Cabinet of Ministers has changed the procedure for extending the validity of a foreign passport and pasting children's photos into it.
From now on, you can paste a photo of your children or renew your foreign passport:
• If the territorial bodies/units of the migration service, embassies or consular institutions do not have a connection to the Unified State Demographic Register to issue a new foreign passport;
• If a citizen of Ukraine needs to go abroad immediately for his own treatment, accompanying a seriously ill person or the death of a relative who lived abroad (such a reason must be supported by relevant documents).
Please note that the lack of a place in the electronic queue, unfortunately, is not a reason to renew a passport (or pasting children's photos) in accordance with the new rules.
Changes to the rules for extending the validity of a foreign passport:
• The validity period of the foreign passport is extended for five years from the date of submission of the application for the extension of its validity period;
• It is possible to apply for the extension of the validity of the passport before the actual date of expiration, but not earlier than two months before the date of its expiration. Previously the minimum term was three months;
• A foreign passport issued before the introduction of a passport for traveling abroad, the sample form of which is approved by the Resolution of the CMU of December 23, 2004 No. 1725, cannot be renewed.
Extending the validity period of a child's foreign passport:
• To extend the validity period of a foreign passport for a child who is younger than 16 years old, a new photo that corresponds to the current age is pasted into the passport. The legal representative of the child can initiate the extension of the passport;
• To extend the validity period of the foreign passport of a child aged 16 to 18, it is not necessary to paste a new photo card - the photo is updated at the child's request.
We remind you! In November, the price for urgent registration of domestic and foreign passports will increase. Read about how prices will increase here.
1 minFor refugees
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.