FIFA World Cup 2022: rules for entering Qatar and obtaining a Hayya Card
The 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar this fall is the #1 event for fans. The organizers are determined to do everything possible to make the competition a grand celebration. An astronomical amount was spent on the organization - more than $220 billion. In addition, for the first time in history the World Cup will be held in the Middle East and for the first time it will be held not in summer, but in autumn and winter.
32 national teams will take part in the World Cup. Qatari authorities expect about 1.3 million fans to attend the tournament, which is half of the country's current population, so they have seriously prepared and changed the entry rules.
Rules of entry during the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar
As of November 1, Qatar is canceling all coronavirus restrictions for entering the country. In addition, it will not be necessary to register in the Ehteraz Health application before departure, it will be needed only in case of contacting the country's medical facilities.
But the most important thing is that only tourists who have bought tickets to the World Cup matches and issued a special fan card - Hayya card - will be able to visit Qatar. Citizens and residents of Qatar, as well as persons holding work visas in Qatar, will also be able to enter the country without restrictions.
Thus, each tourist must issue a special permit on the Hayya platform.
Fans who will enter the country by car through the Abu-Samra checkpoint will have to pay an additional $1,380. The organizers emphasize that the monetary contribution is non-refundable.
How to issue a Hayya Card and what benefits does it provide?
The Hayya card is a permit to enter Qatar and is combined with access to the stadium (via a match ticket).
To apply for a Hayya digital card and book accommodation, visit the Qatar2022 website or use the Hayya to Qatar 2022 app (available for iOS and Android).
Obtaining a Hayya Card will also grant access to free travel on public transport for the duration of the tournament and numerous discounts at competition venues.
1. According to the new rule adopted by the Supreme Committee and the authorities, Hayya cardholders will be able to invite up to 3 people who do not have tickets to visit the country under the "Hayya with Me" program.
2. After applying through the online platform, fans with a Hayya Card will be able to receive 3 codes to share with their friends and family.
3. Appliсants will also be required to provide proof of residence in Qatar at the time of the tournament.
4. Each Hayya with Me (1+3) participant will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit of 500 Qatari Riyals, or approximately 140 Euros, for tourists over 12 years of age.
Rules of conduct in Qatar during the World Cup
Qatar is a deeply religious, Muslim country, so there are strict rules for fans and tourists at the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
Under a public ban:
• Consumption of alcohol;
• Open parts of the female body;
• Obscene language;
• Open display of feelings (kisses);
• Disrespect for national heritage and religion;
• Listening to loud music;
• Photo and video recording of people without their permission;
• Demonstration of unconventional orientation.
Failure to comply or violation of these rules may result in deportation from the country.
2 minCost of living
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.