Instruction for foreigners on how to join International Legion to fight for Ukraine
After Russia launched a large-scale military invasion of Ukraine on February 24 and began striking at civilians and infrastructure from day one, the Ukrainian state called on foreigners to join our struggle for peace and democracy in Europe and around the world.
A decree of President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on March 1, 2022 introduced a visa-free regime for entry into Ukraine for citizens of foreign countries who are willing to join the International Defense Legion of Ukraine, except for citizens of the aggressor state.
Foreigners who want to help Ukraine can find detailed step-by-step instructions on how to join the fair fight against the aggressor at https://fightforua.org/.
In particular, in order to join the International Defense Legion of Ukraine, it is necessary to apply to the Embassy of Ukraine in your country with the appropriate intention and specify what documents and clothing (equipment) are needed or recommended.
Then you need to pass an interview at the Embassy with the Defense Attaché and register a visa with the consul. Then the application for conscription into the Armed Forces of Ukraine for voluntary military service under a contract is submitted.
After that, the legionnaire will receive instructions on how to travel to Ukraine, the necessary documents and equipment. It is recommended, if available, to bring a military kit, such as clothing or its items, equipment, helmet, body armor, etc.
If necessary, representatives of embassies and consulates of Ukraine will provide assistance along the way.
Arriving at the assembly point in Ukraine, the legionnaire signs a contract and joins the International Defense Legion of Ukraine. After that, he is ready to join the battle against the invaders, along with fighters from around the world and Ukrainian soldiers.
7 steps for foreign nationals to join the International Legion of Defense of Ukraine
1. Apply to the Embassy of Ukraine in your country with the intention to join the International Legion of Defense of Ukraine (ask a Defense attache or Consul. See the Embassy`s website for additional information)
There are three ways to apply: 1) come to the Embassy physically; 2) call us by phone; 3) apply by email.
2. Specify what documents and clothing (equipment) you need or are recommended to have.
Documents: internal document; passport to travel abroad; documents confirming your record of military service (service in law enforcement agencies) and participation in the combat; other documents as requested by the Defense attache or Consul.
3. Arrive at the Embassy with documents for an interview with the Defense Attache and visa arrangements with the Consul.
4. Submit an application to enlist for voluntary contract-based military service in the Armed Forces of Ukraine (with assistance from the Defense Attache).
5. Get instructions on how to travel to Ukraine, the necessary documents and equipment.
It is recommended, if available, to bring your military kit, such as clothing or its elements, equipment, helmet, body armor, etc.
6. Travel to Ukraine in a defined way. Representatives of Ukrainian Embassies, Consulates (abroad) and territorial defense in Ukraine will provide assistance on the way. We will provide contacts at the Embassy of Ukraine in your country.
7. Upon arrival to the collection point in Ukraine, join the International Legion of Defense of Ukraine (sign the contract) and engage the Russian occupiers together with fighters from all over the world and Ukrainian soldiers.
The government has also set up a dedicated call center: For foreign volunteers already in Ukraine +380800507028; For foreign volunteers located abroad +380443395987.
3 minFor refugees
Where to seek help for Ukrainians abroad
05 Mar. 2022More details
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.