Moldova: main information for refugees from Ukraine
Rules of entry into Moldova:
• Ukrainians are allowed to cross the border without a passport. You must have an ID card or internal passport
• Crossing restrictions on border crossing have been lifted
• Children under the age of 18 must have a birth certificate or a domestic or foreign passport
• Crossing the border by car is possible without a green card policy, but in the first 24 hours after entering Moldova, the owners of such cars must purchase a policy on the spot
• Asylum can be requested at any point on the Moldovan border, at any police station, as well as at the offices of the Migration Bureau. Your oral application is enough to apply for asylum. Employees of the structure to which they applied will help Ukrainians to fill in the documents
• In order to facilitate the movement of Ukrainian refugees, on March 4, 2022, an additional train was launched on the regular route Chisinau - Iasi - Chisinau with the following schedule:
09:45 departure from Chisinau - 14:24 arrival in Iasi
11:40 departure from Yass - 16:05 arrival in Chisinau
Tickets for this train can be purchased at Chisinau Railway Station at 8:00.
Ticket prices are 90, 100 and 130 lei, depending on the class. In the following days tickets can be purchased:
Online (only for flights on the following days, but not on the day of departure) https://bit.ly/bileteiasi
For more information on train routes and ticket prices, please call +37322833333
• Airbnb for refugees https://news.airbnb.com/help-ukraine/
• Wunderflats have made a special part on their website about very cheap or even free apartments for rent for Ukrainians https://wunderflats.com/page/ukraine/tenants-in-need-en
• Free accommodation throughout Europe https://prykhystok.in.ua/find
• Free accommodation throughout Europe https://www.shelter4ua.com/
• Very cheap or even free rent of apartments for Ukrainians https://www.host4ukraine.com/
Apply for accommodation:
• Zimbru Football Club Chisinau provides assistance and accommodation and meals at the base on Butukului Street to Ukrainian refugees
• MedExpert will provide free medical diagnostic services to Ukrainian refugees throughout Moldova
+373 22 811 181
Creme de la Creme - free coffee and food
Black Rabbit gastro burrow - free lunch / dinner
Simplu Delicios - hot lunch
Moldtelecom provides free SIM cards for calls at border crossings with Moldova:
• An identity document is required for employment
Moldova Lawyers' Legal Center:
Embassy of Ukraine in the Republic of Moldova:
+373 22 582 284
+373 22 582 151
+373 22 582 423
+373 68 527 183
P. V.Lupu, 17, Chișinău, 2008
Migration and Asylum Hotline:
Border Police Hotline of the Republic of Moldova:
Breaking news digest for March 13
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.