How foreigners can obtain an e-Visa to enter Ukraine: step-by-step instructions
A fast and convenient Ukrainian e-Visa is available for citizens of 52 countries. Find out what is required to obtain an e-Visa for a foreign citizen
An e-Visa is a type of short-term visa for entry into Ukraine that can be obtained by a foreigner under a simplified procedure without leaving home. An e-visa is designed for single or double entry into the territory of Ukraine for a period of up to 30 days.
Advantages of an e-visa
An e-visa is issued according to a convenient, modern and fast procedure:
● A foreigner can apply for an e-visa from anywhere in the world at a time convenient for him or her, and there is no need to go to a consulate or other relevant institution to obtain a ready-made visa.
● After submitting the documents, the status of the visa application can be monitored online.
● The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine provides constant information support to applicants.
● A foreigner can choose the timeframe for visa issuance: 1 business day (urgent), 3 business days (standard procedure).
For what purposes is an e-visa issued?
An e-visa can be obtained by civil servants, foreign correspondents or media representatives for a business or work trip to Ukraine, which covers the areas of culture, science, education and sports.
In addition, an e-visa is available for citizens who want to visit the country for private, tourist or medical purposes.
How to get an e-Visa?
First, you need to register on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.
Please note that e-visa application should be made no earlier than 3 months and no later than 10 business days before the planned trip.
2. Filling out the application form and uploading photos and documents
After filling in all the fields of the application form, the foreigner must upload his/her photo and previously scanned documents:
● A document confirming that the foreigner has sufficient funds in his/her bank account for the period of stay in Ukraine and for returning to the country of departure;
● A document confirming the purpose of the trip.
Depending on the purpose of the planned trip to Ukraine, the documents confirming the purpose of the trip may be:
● Business trip: an invitation from a legal entity, government agency/institution/enterprise/organization or a document confirming the fact of financial investment in Ukraine.
● Private trip: an invitation from a citizen of Ukraine or a foreigner who has a temporary or permanent residence permit (we wrote about how to obtain it here). Or a document confirming the right to own real estate in Ukraine, or family ties.
● Tourist trip: documents confirming the tourist purpose of the trip (paid tour of Ukraine, booking of excursions and hotels, etc.)
● Medical travel: an invitation from a medical institution or health care facility.
● Activities in the fields of culture, science, education, or sports are subject to the same rules as business travel.
3. Payment of the fee
The consular fee can be paid online with any bank card supporting Mastercard or Visa. The final amount of the fee will depend on the chosen visa period (urgent visa is more expensive).
4. Obtaining an e-Visa
After completing all of the above steps, an email will be sent to the applicant's email address notifying them of the successful completion of the visa application.
Within a certain period of time, the foreigner will receive a ready-made e-Visa with a QR code for scanning in PDF format.
In order to cross the border, the foreigner must print the document received by mail and keep it for the entire period of stay in Ukraine in order to present it at customs upon departure.
Refusal to issue an e-Visa
If a foreigner is denied an e-Visa, he or she will receive a letter with a decision on the denial within a certain period of time. It should be noted that there are significantly fewer refusals to issue an e-visa than when processing standard visa applications. And most often, the refusal is due to technical deficiencies in the submitted documents. The most common reasons for refusal include:
● Failure to comply with the requirements for a photo
● entering incorrect or incomplete information when filling out the application form
● incomplete list of required documents.
We have described the detailed procedure for obtaining other types of Ukrainian visas for foreigners here.
Security measures during your stay in Ukraine
There are three options for policies that include:
● Compensation for losses in case of an accident due to military operations or terrorist acts;
● outpatient treatment and hospitalization;
● emergency care.
Read more about the benefits of military risk insurance in Ukraine here.
We remind you that during martial law, the border of Ukraine is open to foreign citizens. However, those who wish to come should know the current entry and security rules. We told you about compulsory insurance in Ukraine in times of war and the rules for crossing the border in our previous article.
You may be interested in:
Visit Ukraine Donation - make a good deed and an important contribution to the Victory of Ukraine;
Visit Ukraine Tours - the largest online database of tours to Ukraine for every taste;
Visit Ukraine Merch - choose patriotic clothing and accessories with worldwide delivery;
Visit Ukraine News - get the latest news and updates in our Telegram channel;
Cooperation - cooperation and advertising integrations with Visit Ukraine and Visit World projects.
Many foreigners are still interested in finding a job in Ukraine. Find out what foreigners need to find a vacancy and get a job in Ukraine
19 Jun. 2023More details
An identification code is an important document because without it, it is impossible to buy real estate, open a bank account, or register a business. Find out how to get an identification code for a foreigner and what you need to do
20 Jun. 2023More details
Admission to Ukrainian higher education institutions is open to foreign citizens. We will tell you what documents are required to obtain higher education in Ukraine, which foreigners are eligible to study, and other important details
21 Jun. 2023More details
According to the latest comments from Pentagon officials, the accounting error that was revealed last month is much larger than previously thought. Find out how the Pentagon reacted and how their military support will change
22 Jun. 2023More details
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.