Diia for foreigners: how to get an e-permit, e-residency and other services
The Cabinet of Ministers is working on adding temporary and permanent residence permits to the Diia portal. The number of available functions is growing, and important documents can now be "carried" in a smartphone. Find out more about how foreigners can access new digital services
The Ministry of Digital Transformation is expanding the functionality of Diia for foreign citizens. You no longer need to carry plastic cards with you. Anyone can now apply for an electronic permanent or temporary residence permit, visa, or residency in a mobile application.
We will tell you how to use the innovations and how to add important documents to your smartphone - read on in the article.
E-permit: what documents are required
As you know, martial law has not affected migration legislation, and therefore the rules of entry for foreigners have not changed. Foreigners and stateless persons have the right to legally enter and stay in Ukraine if they have a temporary residence permit or a permanent residence permit. Read more about the rules for entering and staying in Ukraine, as well as obtaining a residence permit here.
As for electronic residence permits, they are issued only to holders of biometric certificates. Therefore, you need to have it in order for the document to be displayed in Diia:
• A biometric residence permit issued after April 2018;
• Bank account for authorization with BankID;
• A smartphone with an NFC chip;
• Identification number (RNOKPP).
Find out how to obtain an identification code for a foreigner and what you need here.
How to get an electronic residence permit?
1. Log in to the Diia application;
2. Scroll to the end of the document and click "Add document";
3. Select "Permanent (or temporary) residence permit" and click "Next";
4. Click the "Read" button, point your smartphone at the code on the back of the residence permit and scan it;
5. Confirm your identity with a photo.
In addition, foreigners will be able to create their own signature - "Diia.Signature" in the application. Thus, they will have an electronic signature of Ukraine and will be able to receive public services online.
Other available online services for foreigners
Electronic residence system
E-residency is a system in Ukraine that allows foreign entrepreneurs to conduct business online in the country without the need for physical presence.
Thus, foreigners can:
• Obtain resident status;
• Register as a sole proprietor of the 3rd group without physical presence in the country;
• Pay income tax at a rate of 5%;
• Open an online bank account to conduct business.
In particular, taxation and reporting for e-residents will be automated, which will contribute to the development of the state budget and the digital brand of Ukraine.
How to apply for e-residency?
• After registering with Diia, you must pass a financial and security check;
• The specialist becomes an electronic taxpayer of the third group without VAT and receives an EDS (electronic signature);
• By opening a remote bank account, the Bank will become the tax agent of the e-resident.
Electronic visa for foreigners
An e-visa is a short-term visa for entering Ukraine. Foreigners can obtain it from the comfort of their homes through a simple procedure. An e-visa allows one or two entries to the territory of Ukraine and a maximum stay of 30 days.
The e-visa can be obtained by civil servants, foreign correspondents and members of the press traveling to Ukraine for cultural, scientific, educational and sports purposes.
In addition, citizens visiting Ukraine for private, tourist or medical purposes can also obtain a visa.
How to apply for an e-Visa?
The e-Visa application process is convenient and modern and follows a quick procedure:
1. Register on the web platform of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
2. Fill out an online application form, upload photos and scanned copies of documents (passport, invitation, etc.) and pay the consular fee online with a bank card;
3. Receive an e-Visa by e-mail;
4. Present the printed e-Visa together with your passport to Ukrainian border guards when entering the country. (e-Visa is valid for entry across international borders).
Foreigners can apply for an e-visa at any time from anywhere in the world and do not need to visit consulates or other relevant institutions to receive a ready-made visa.
After submitting the documents, the status of the visa application can be checked online. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine always provides information support to applicants.
When applying for a visa, you can choose the actual term of its issuance: urgent (1 business day), standard (3 business days).
It is worth remembering that depending on the purpose of the trip to Ukraine (business, private, tourist, medical), documents confirming the purpose of the trip may be required (for example, an invitation letter, a paid tour, hotel reservation, family ties, etc.)
Take care of your safety during the war
Safety should be your priority during your stay in Ukraine. The following three rules must be strictly followed:
- Observe the curfew in the area where you are staying;
- Find out in advance where the nearest shelter is located and stay there during an air raid; To do this, install the Air Alert mobile application on your smartphone to receive alerts about the danger.
- Take out an insurance policy that covers war risks. You can do this by following the link.
We remind you! Despite the full-scale war, many foreigners continue to work in Ukraine. At the same time, sustainable Ukrainian businesses attract new employees from abroad. Find out more about the steps foreigners need to take to work legally and get a job in Ukraine.
We recommend purchasing it for a safe and comfortable trip to Ukraine:
Visit Ukraine Insurance - safe travel in Ukraine (insurance covering military risks);
Visit Ukraine Tickets - book bus and train tickets to/from Ukraine;
Visit Ukraine Tours - the largest online database of tours to Ukraine for every taste;
Visit Ukraine Hotels - book hotels for a comfortable stay in Ukraine;
Visit Ukraine Merch - choose patriotic clothing and accessories with worldwide delivery.
Cooperation - cooperation and advertising integrations with Visit Ukraine and Visit World projects.
The number of Ukrainians traveling in Ukraine has almost returned to pre-war levels. Find out how many citizens are planning a trip this summer and how the survey results differ in different regions of Ukraine
03 Jul. 2023More details
Foreigners have the right to purchase any real estate in Ukraine. However, the real estate market, the purchase process and the subsequent transfer of ownership have certain peculiarities. Find out what restrictions exist for foreigners and how to buy real estate in Ukraine
03 Jul. 2023More details
The smart city system is a global trend that first began to be used in 2009. Find out what is wrong with Smart City in Ukrainian cities and at what stage is the technological development of this system in Ukraine
04 Jul. 2023More details
3 minWay to Victory
The return of the territories occupied by russia is not only the goal of Ukraine's counteroffensive, but also the sincere desire of every Ukrainian. Find out what problems Ukraine will face after the de-occupation of Crimea and Donbas and how to solve them
04 Jul. 2023More details
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.