How to get inpatient medical care during the war: an explanation from the Ministry of Health
Since the beginning of the war in Ukraine, many citizens have been forced to change their place of residence. At the same time, the Ministry of Health reminds that inpatient care is provided free of charge - regardless of where patients live and which institution they decide to choose for hospitalization.
All medical and related services provided by the package of medical services are guaranteed, and patients do not have to pay extra for anything. In particular, it covers all areas necessary for patients: cardiology, neurology, infectious diseases, pulmonology, gastroenterology, pediatrics and more.
If a medical institution demands money from a patient, it is a violation. In such situations, you should file a complaint:
◾ to the contact center of the Ministry of Health 0 800 60 20 19;
◾ to the NHS hotline 16-77.
Patients can receive free services in the following cases:
• if there is a referral from a family / attending physician
• if the patient is taken to hospital by an emergency team
• by referral from another clinical unit or institution if the person is already being treated in a hospital
• on self-appeal in case of emergency
Free of charge for patients are:
• blood, urine, cerebrospinal fluid tests, bacteriological and other laboratory tests
• electrocardiography, ultrasound (including doppler), endoscopic examination, X-ray, CT, MRI, other instrumental studies
• anesthesia at all stages
• provision of medicines from the National List, as well as those purchased at the expense of other programs of the central and local budgets
• intensive care
1 minFor refugees
2 minFor refugees
2 minFor refugees
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.