Medical care for pregnant Ukrainian women abroad
The Ministry of Health has published a list of services that Ukrainian women can receive during pregnancy and childbirth in European countries. Women who left Ukraine because of the war have the right to free pregnancy support, medical services during childbirth, and care for mother and child after birth.
However, as in Ukraine, for this, a woman must be registered and have a local analogue of the Ukrainian exchange card. Usually, in order to be registered, a Ukrainian woman must have health insurance. It will be a plus if the pregnant woman has her Ukrainian exchange card. Data about the pregnancy and the state of health from it can be translated and provided to the doctor who will manage the pregnancy. In the absence of such documentation, the doctor will prescribe a number of tests and studies.
It is worth noting that childbirth and emergency medical care for pregnant women are provided free of charge to all women, even without medical insurance and documents on temporary protection on the territory of the state.
In different European countries, the list of necessary tests and services provided differs.
• Ukrainian women have the right to free pregnancy management, childbirth and newborn care, but only in medical institutions that have a contract with the National Health Fund of Poland (NFZ).
• you need to visit a doctor for registration. During the first visit, the pregnant woman will be registered, a registration card will be drawn up and a social and family midwife will be assigned to the pregnant woman, who will help both the woman and the child.
• free medical care is provided during pregnancy, childbirth in a medical institution and the postpartum period, free examination by a dentist and an ophthalmologist, at least 6 visits to a doctor, ultrasound and tests.
• free pregnancy management in state hospitals, Mother and Child Protection Centers, health centers and private clinics. Tests, ultrasounds, medications (except some vitamins), tests, consultations, compression stockings and bandages are also provided free of charge. A pregnant woman can choose a hospital where she wants to give birth, including from among the country's private clinics, which have a higher level of comfort, but are less equipped with medical equipment.
• a pregnant woman must be registered before the end of the first trimester of pregnancy or, if her term is longer, immediately after arriving in the country. More details - here.
• free medical care during pregnancy and after childbirth. The services of a visiting nurse are provided - a qualified specialist who has completed special training courses and monitors the health and development of children under 5 years of age.
• free medical care is provided in medical centers or at a general practitioner. The patient can choose a doctor independently. Examination data are recorded in the mother's passport.
• free medical services during pregnancy and childbirth, courses for expectant mothers.
• assistance to pregnant women and women in labor is provided if insurance is available. To accompany the pregnancy, it is necessary to register with a gynecologist. A woman can choose a maternity hospital on her own. In most maternity hospitals, it is necessary to get registered at 14+ weeks of pregnancy, in some institutions it can be done online.
• If the birth took place before the woman received documents on temporary protection, a visa must be obtained within 30 days after the birth. The child also has the right to medical assistance within 30 days before obtaining a visa. However, within 8 days from the moment of birth, the child must be insured in order to receive free medical services. You can use the services and choose a pediatrician by registering before or after childbirth.
1 minFor refugees
2 minFor refugees
3 minFor refugees
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.