Social assistance for Ukrainians in Italy. How to receive?
Social assistance for Ukrainians in Italy. How to receive?
The procedure for receiving assistance for Ukrainian immigrants in Italy in 2022. We have collected all the most important information in one place.
Health care for Ukrainian migrants in Italy
Temporary protection beneficiaries are equated, for the purpose of accessing the National Health Service, to Italian citizens. They will be issued a tax code, through which they will be able to access medical services.
How to apply?
To apply, you will need your tax code, cell phone and email. Depending on the time that has passed since you applied for a temporary residence permit and the application you submit on the platform, the fee may be given to you in one monthly payment, two monthly payments.
How to access the national health care system:
1. Minors. Registration with SSN is valid until 31/12/2022, with which the minor can see the PLS (free choice pediatrician) free of charge and therefore use the services requested in the prescription like any other patient registered with SSN and with exemption from payment.
2. A minor who does not have a Schengen visa and has not applied to the Police Headquarters for a residence permit. Requires an issued STP code (with possible declaration of indigence).
3. A person with a visa issued in the Schengen area and a person who has applied to the Questura for a residence permit and is waiting for its issuance. Possibility of a temporary registration for 6 months, renewable, with which he/she can visit the MMG (general practitioner) free of charge and therefore use the services requested in the prescription, like any other patient registered with SSN and with exemption from the E02 ticket, if attached to the registration form instead of the medical card.
Please note! Ukrainian citizens with a passport can cross EU borders without the need for a visa and stay no longer than 3 months. Thus, a Schengen visa means a title that entitles you to stay in the country for more than 3 months (for example, a visa for work or study).
Consult the Servizio Sanitario website to find out how to obtain an STP (Straniero Temporaneamente Presente - Temporary Foreigner Present) code or call the toll-free number 800 894 545.
Reception of Ukrainian refugees
Under an aid decree passed by the government on May 2, new aid has been allocated to receive Ukrainian refugees (more than 107,000 people are currently in Italy).
Another 58 million euros are planned to be allocated to municipalities that organize the reception of unaccompanied minors.
Thus, reimbursement of up to 100 euros per capita is guaranteed.
Three reception regimes have been organized:
• CAS and SAI centers of the Ministry of the Interior and local authorities, for which 33 euros per person per day are allocated
• With DIFFUSED HOSPITALITY, managed by third sector organizations and associations, again with reimbursement of 33 euros per day for each refugee accepted
• When refugees live autonomously with relatives and friends: there is a direct monthly reimbursement of 300 euros per person / 150 for children.
Temporary protection for Ukrainian refugees
The government has also prepared a decree which provides for a special residence permit for a period of 12 months and can be extended for another 6 months as "temporary protection" for Ukrainian refugees.
Specifically, this form of permit applies to:
• Ukrainian citizens residing in the country until February 24, 2022.
• third-country nationals or stateless persons who have already enjoyed international protection or its equivalent, or a residence permit in Ukraine.
• family members of the aforementioned persons.
Permits must be requested from the immigration offices of the Police Headquarters and are issued electronically free of charge.
Assistance to Ukrainian migrants in Milan
Residents of Ukraine who need accommodation should write a letter to the prefecture at [email protected], indicating how many people and when their arrival is expected. You can also contact the regional operations center by calling the toll-free number 800-894545.
In addition to the regional number, you can also call the 02.02.02 number of the Municipality of Milan, which will provide any useful information and contacts of the competent authorities for the different profiles.
For Ukrainian citizens arriving at Central Station, the Hub Ucraina is represented by H24 in the Mortirolo Metro, an information and first reception desk operated by Protezione Civile and Progetto Arca, where ATS also provides medical assistance. The Center "Ukraine" provides all the basic information and reports any accommodation needs to the Prefecture of Milan for subsequent management.
For those arriving by bus at the Lampugnano parking lot, from 12 noon to 10 p.m. there is a First Contact and Orientation Center run by the Civil Defense of the Municipality of Milan in collaboration with Emergency. Here, arrivals from Ukraine are accompanied at check-in and oriented to the available accommodation options.
The Department of Civil Protection platform allows citizens, companies and organizations in Italy to offer goods, services and accommodations to support the population of Ukraine (it can be accessed at offroaiuto-emergenzaucraina.protezionecivile.gov.it).
We will remind you! If you have questions about the possibility of traveling abroad, you can contact the Visit Ukraine hotline at +380 93 972 4145. Consultants are available 24 hours a day to help you solve various issues.
In addition, when planning a trip abroad, do not forget to take out an insurance policy - a guarantee of your peace of mind in any unforeseen situation.
You can issue an insurance policy online in a matter of minutes for entry into Ukraine and departure abroad on our VisitUkraine portal! Only verified and certified insurance companies with many years of work experience, guarantee of insurance compensation and round-the-clock customer service.
2 minFor refugees
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.