Ukraine will create e-residency: which gives foreigners a special status (updated)
The Committee of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine on tax and customs policy recommended the parliament adopt a draft law, which creates an e-residency in Ukraine. This was reported in the Ministry of Statistics.
Find out all about the rules for obtaining a work visa, its types and the documents required here.
What is e-residency?
This is a special status, which allows foreigners to open their businesses and pay taxes without a physical presence in the country.
What will foreigners be able to do after the adoption of the draft law?
• Register the sole proprietorship status of 3 groups without a physical presence in Ukraine;
• pay a tax of 5% of the income;
• open a bank account.
Taxation and reporting for e-residents will be automated.
Which foreigners will not be able to get an e-residency?
The author of the draft law, Yaroslav Zheleznyak, informed that not all foreigners will be able to acquire e-residency. Citizens of Russia, persons from the FATF "blacklist" and those who have income in Ukraine (except passive) couldn’t get a special status.
The Ministry of Digital Transformation notes that by adopting this law, Ukraine will show itself as a country with a powerful IT brand, raise investments in the state budget and boost the economy.
President Volodymyr Zelenskyy signed Law 5270 on "electronic residency". People's deputy from the "Voice" faction, first deputy head of the Committee on Finance, Tax and Customs Policy Yaroslav Zheleznyak announced this.
Now from April 1, 2023 (date of entry into force) Ukraine will introduce e-residency for everyone who wants to fill the Ukrainian budget).
How will e-residency work?
1. The specialist registers with Diia and passes a financial and security check
2. If everything is fine, he becomes an electronic resident - in fact, an electronic payer of the single tax on the 3rd group without VAT and receives an EDS
3. Opens a bank account remotely. And it is the bank that will be the tax agent for the e-Resident
4. Works and pays tax - 5% of income within the limits of the FOP of the 3rd group. More than the limit - 15%.
But only external contracts with the export of services.
5. All documents are in electronic form, all correspondence with the DPS is online, all payments are non-cash.
The list of countries whose citizens are allowed to become e-residents of Ukraine is determined by the government.
Ukraine expects the registration of 1,000 e-residents in the first year of the law.
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.