Tour to Kolochava and to the geyser
About this tour
Excursion to Kolochava and to the geyser is a rich trip through the picturesque passes to the highlands with a visit to one of the most picturesque villages of Transcarpathia, Kolochava. An interesting theatrical performance and an excursion to a unique church await you. You will have the opportunity to buy real mountain honey and drink healing water from a mountain spring. See a unique natural phenomenon, a geyser eruption, if you're lucky!
Excursion to Kolochava and to the geyser, program:
– Departure from Uzhgorod at 08.00 a.m.
– Departure from Mukachevo at 08:45 a.m.
– Amazing panoramas of the serpentine Volovets Pass
- Moving to the Synevyr Pass, which has become a real icon of Transcarpathian painting for artists.
– Moving to the village museum of Kolochava. Sightseeing tour of the historical centre of Kolochava, photographing near the unique monuments of Kolochava.
– A fascinating tour of the Museum of Architecture and Life of Transcarpathia.
– Excursion to the only museum in Ukraine of the history of the narrow-gauge railway “Kolochavska narrow-gauge railway”, which consists of a rare operating steam locomotive and 10 wagons filled with interesting exhibits.
– Theatrical performance “Life in Kolochava 150 years ago”
- Dinner in the hut
– A visit to a unique church built without a single nail.
– The only mountain bird park in Ukraine: 2000 exotic parrots and sporting pigeons in an ordinary Carpathian yard.
– Moving to a mountain village.
– A geyser on the bank of a mountain stream, high-mountain honey, a monument to a bee, healing water and the longest bridge in the region (93m).
– Return to Uzhgorod at 10:00 p.m.
You can book this tour for any time and date convenient for you, gathering a group of at least 15 people.
The cost of an individual tour is calculated depending on the number of people. Excursion to Kolochava
Tour starts at 08:00 a.m.
End of the tour at 9:00 p.m.
Route: Uzhhorod - Mukacheve - Kolochava - Vuchkovy
The entrance fees to reserves and museums are 100 UAH / person.
Lunch is approximately 100 UAH / person.
Theatrical performance is 80 UAH / person.
The tour is conducted in Ukrainian.
*The originality of the text is completely preserved by the author of the tour (tour operator)
Order branded Visit Ukraine merch for stylish travels in Ukraine (worldwide delivery)
5 reasons to choose tour
To enjoy the scenery from the Synevyr Pass
To take a walk through the village museum of Kolochava
To take a photo with the "Kolochavska Vyzkokoliyka" train
To see the only geyser in Ukraine
To listen to interesting stories
A mountain pass in the Ukrainian Carpathians, on the southwestern edge of the Vnutrishni Gorgan massif.
Village-museum of Kolochava
It is the first village museum of architecture and life in Transcarpathia. The museum is located in the open air and has about 20 manors, which demonstrate the different levels of the life of our ancestors.
Here you can see passenger carriages used to transport loggers to work in the mountains, freight carriages for transporting livestock and wood, and various tools and devices used by railway workers and passengers.
Mountain bird park
There are 2,000 exotic parrots and sporting pigeons in an ordinary Carpathian yard.
The only mineral water geyser in Ukraine
The water from the geyser has a therapeutic effect and helps with various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
What is included?
Travel by comfortable bus
Accompanying a tour guide
Excursion service at tourist sites
*From each purchased tour, we transfer 10% to the Ukrainian Refugee Support Fund. All profits from press tours are transferred to the reconstruction of Ukraine.
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.