What to do if you are stuck in an elevator due to a blackout: useful tips
As a result of emergency and stabilization power outages, the risk of being stuck in an elevator has increased significantly. Due to the fact that certain deviations from the schedules are currently possible, it is worth planning your time in such a way as to avoid using the elevators 30-40 minutes before the start of the power outage.
In particular, the Kyiv City State Administration has published a number of rules that must be followed if you are still "stuck" in the elevator:
1. Calm down and try to understand that nothing terrible has happened, and you should not panic.
2. Do not press all the buttons in a row, do not jump in the elevator, do not try to open the cabin door yourself.
3. Use the dispatcher's call button or the emergency elevator service phone number and report the problem and your location.
Pay attention! Usually in the elevator cabins or in the entrance, there is an announcement with the telephone number of the hotline of the company that maintains the elevator - take a picture of it in advance or write it down.
If there is no such information, contact the management company, condominium or Housing and exploitation office that serves your building, with a request to place the contact numbers of the emergency elevator service, by which citizens can notify it about the stop of the elevator cabin.
4. In the event that the dispatcher or the emergency lift service does not respond or is unable to come, call the "101" service. The information will reach the operatives of the emergency rescue teams of your district and the city in general, so rescuers who are not involved in the elimination of other emergency situations will come to help.
5. If you do not have a phone with you or there is no mobile connection, call the residents of the house who live nearby or pass by for help and ask them to call the appropriate service.
6. If you feel stuffy or hot while waiting for emergency services, unbutton or remove your outer clothing. If water is available, drink it sparingly. If the condition has not improved, put things on the floor and sit down with your legs extended.
Attention! Once the emergency team arrives, follow all their instructions clearly.
We will remind you, that earlier we wrote that caring Ukrainians started leaving "survival kits" in the elevators of their houses to support their neighbors if they find themselves in a de-energized elevator. Find out more about what should be included in the set at the link.
You can find out the schedule of power outages in different regions of Ukraine here.
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.