Ukraine adopts law on writing off debts for damaged property
The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine has adopted a law that will allow Ukrainians whose real estate and vehicles were damaged or destroyed as a result of the military invasion to be released from their credit obligations. The corresponding document was published on the website of the Parliament of Ukraine. Depending on the circumstances, it is possible to obtain permission from the creditor for a temporary suspension of payments or a complete write-off of the debt. The law applies only to individual borrowers. An application for receiving payments can be submitted during the period of martial law in Ukraine, as well as within 3 months after its termination.
In order to fully write off the debt, several conditions must be met under the credit agreement:
• as of February 23, 2022, the borrower has no debts under the loan;
• the loan was obtained for the purchase, construction or reconstruction of property or a car that was destroyed or damaged;
• the area of the apartment for which the loan was received must not exceed 140 square meters, and the area of the house 250 square meters;
• the destroyed home is the family's only place of residence. The car must also be the only vehicle in the family.
To confirm the fulfillment of the conditions, the borrower provides the necessary documents to the bank. In this case, the creditor has the right to receive compensation from the state.
Temporary suspension of loan payments – principal amount, commission, interest and other payments is possible for loans on movable and immovable property, which:
• ended up in a temporarily occupied territory or in a zone of active hostilities;
• was damaged and destroyed as a result of the war, but does not meet the requirements for debt relief.
Freezing continues until citizens receive compensation for property from the state. An application for compensation for destroyed housing can be submitted in Diia application.
The simultaneous stay of visitors in the hotel lobby not more than one person per 10 square meters of serviceable area is allowed.
Persons can visit hotels and stay there (outside hotel room) only if they wear respirator or face mask (including homemade mask), so that the nose and mouth are covered.
Hotel guests are obliged to keep the 1.5 meters distance.
Online check-in making in advance is recommended to avoid queues at check-in to hotel.
Meals in hotels are provided through meals delivery service to rooms upon prior order or at hotel restaurants situated inside or in open areas, provided the distance of at least 1.5 meters between seats at adjacent tables.
Not more than 4 clients are allowed to stay at the table (excluding children under 14 years old). Unless these tables are separated by a special partition;
Self-serve is not allowed.