Come back

2 min

23 Aug. 2022


Ukrainians in Poland: what services can be obtained at consulates without waiting in line

For refugees


Ukrainians in Poland: what services can be obtained at consulates without waiting in line

We create materials and work 24/7 thanks to your support

Ukrainians who have found refuge in Poland, in order to perform notarial acts or to be temporarily registered, must register for the electronic queue at the consulate. However, there are other issues that can be resolved without prior registration to the electronic queue.

For what purpose can you apply to the consulate in the order of the "live" queue?

Consular offices can help Ukrainians to solve the following issues:

1. To extend the validity period of the foreign passport for 5 years in case of its expiration. You need to have with you:

• completed application for extending the validity of the passport;

• foreign passport and a copy of 1 page;

• the original of the child's birth certificate (if it is necessary to renew the child's passport).

2. Enter information about children in the passport of one of the parents or a legal representative. You need to have with you:

• application for entering information about the child in the foreign passport;

• foreign passport and a copy of the first page;

• child's birth certificate;

• two photos of the child 3.5 x 4.5 cm;

• a document confirming the person's authority as a legal representative.

3. If you only have a Ukrainian internal passport, which does not have entries in Latin, you can issue a Certificate of Identity Verification at the consulate. In this document, your personal data will be indicated in Polish and Ukrainian. Such a certificate can also be issued for children if their parents do not have a foreign passport. You need to have with you:

• completed application;

• two photos 3.5 x 4.5 cm;

• the document by which the person crossed the Ukrainian-Polish border and its copy;

• documents certifying identity and citizenship (for children - birth certificate, for adults - passport, ID, Diia, etc.).

All the mentioned services are free of charge.

Please note that in order to obtain a foreign passport, you must first register in the electronic queue.

Necessary documents for issuing a foreign passport:

1. Completed application zayava-pasport.png;

2. The original and copies of pages of the previous foreign or domestic passport (in the absence of a foreign passport);

3. Individual tax number;

4. Extract from the Unified Register of Pretrial Investigations (in case of theft of a previous passport for traveling abroad in the territory of Ukraine);

5. Two photos of 3.5 x 4.5 cm;

6. A document or a note in the passport confirming the permanent residence or temporary stay of a citizen of Ukraine abroad;

7. Receipt for payment of the consular fee.

Importantly! The procedure for making a passport in Poland takes about three months.